Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1 and DROID X, works as intended

Stang68

Reaction score
Sooo...I've been keeping up with the thread but I am going to put all my questions into one post:

This works on the Droid X with non-rooted 2.1, correct?

After hitting the "Root" button, I will not lose ANY data or anything like that, right?

Once rooted, the only thing the X can really do is wireless tether and remove bloatware?

How can I unroot? Through the same application?

Thanks!!

dimaj

Reaction score
I downloaded this app in the morning and everything went smoothly!

Now, I told my friend about it and he said that it's no longer on the market. I've looked on Android Market and on AppBrain, but this app is no longer there.

Any ideas what happened to it?

ibnetman

Reaction score
I clicked purchase, selected my cc# and all of the sudden it said failed, this app is no longer on the market!

Any ideas guys?

stock 2.2 manually updated.

Reaction score
I downloaded this app in the morning and everything went smoothly!

Now, I told my friend about it and he said that it's no longer on the market. I've looked on Android Market and on AppBrain, but this app is no longer there.

Any ideas what happened to it?

i was wondering the same thing! and if they took it off the market do we get the money back im confused lol

alonsou

Reaction score
CAP201008061300.jpg

I hope it comes back on soon...

MrMan

Reaction score
I downloaded it earlier and payed the buck, worked awesome with my Droid replacement. Wanted to go back into the app and now I no longer have it. Does anyone have the apk?

MrMan

Reaction score
Asking for a paid app, even one you say you bought already, is against the rules of this forum and could get you banned. Be careful.

Hmm... i wasn't trying to be sketchy or anything, especially since mine was legit. I do see your point though.
I know it's only a buck, but it sucks that it's gone already. I'll trying pm'ing the author.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Asking for a paid app, even one you say you bought already, is against the rules of this forum and could get you banned. Be careful.

Hmm... i wasn't trying to be sketchy or anything, especially since mine was legit. I do see your point though.
I know it's only a buck, but it sucks that it's gone already. I'll trying pm'ing the author.
That sounds like a good idea. A lot of people have been asking if there's any alternative methods of distribution and the Dev said he's looking into it. On the other hand, if you can wait a while, the DroidMod team will be releasing the DMUpdater soon, and it's designed to do the same thing.

And it should be free. :)

MrMan

Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea. A lot of people have been asking if there's any alternative methods of distribution and the Dev said he's looking into it. On the other hand, if you can wait a while, the DroidMod team will be releasing the DMUpdater soon, and it's designed to do the same thing.

And it should be free. :)[/QUOTE]

I just sent him an email. I can post the outcome when I get it. In the meantime, I have no problem waiting. I got a replacement of the D1 and bought the app just in time to do the app, so I'm rooted again.
I've got the DX coming, but it's on backorder until the 19th or 20th they told me, so perhaps by then this new DMUpdater will be available. I haven't done any research on it, will it play nice with the DX as well?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

And it should be free. :)

I just sent him an email. I can post the outcome when I get it. In the meantime, I have no problem waiting. I got a replacement of the D1 and bought the app just in time to do the app, so I'm rooted again.
I've got the DX coming, but it's on backorder until the 19th or 20th they told me, so perhaps by then this new DMUpdater will be available. I haven't done any research on it, will it play nice with the DX as well?[/QUOTE]
It's designed to root several devices, actually.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...d-root-droid-1-droid-x-evo-4g-within-app.html

It was pulled because of the possibility of bricking phones, but as you can see it's in in development.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
this app was removed for using droidmods un approved source. i doubt it will come back anytime soon.
I thought they'd said it was because it wasn't finished and posed some risk. Doesn't matter, because it's pulled, but it should be back at some point.

It's not like rooting the X is that involved a process, though, with 2.1 installed.