Easy root instructions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by qoncept, Dec 11, 2009.

1. qoncept

qoncept New Member

I've created some simple, clear and easy to follow instructions for rooting the Droid. None of the guides I found were written very well so I thought I'd try to make it as easy as possible.

The wiki the instruction are on is under construction, so nevermind the mess everywhere else.

Gaining root access - Droidipedia

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 New Member

Does rooting void warranty?
  3. backlash

backlash New Member

I would think so, just a guess.
  4. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

ah good old root. for those who don't know its informative. on the side note I don't know if it would void the warranty but if I had to guess I would say it would.
  5. kennyg23

kennyg23 New Member

Is there a way to convert back or are you stuck with it. I know if you did a jailbreak on the iphone, you can convert back just by doing a standard update.
  6. backlash

backlash New Member

That's another question. If you phone is rooted, can you still go into system and check for updates? Or receive another OTA update if they do another............with no ill affects?
  7. romeov

romeov New Member

You absolutely, positively completely void your warranty by rooting your Droid, yes ;-)

Rooting is great, but you can also seriously break your phone with it, as well as completely bricking it dead.

I'm not trying to scare anyone off, I think it's a great option, but I just want new users to understand the risks, the Google does not give administrative access (root) for a reason
  8. andjarnic

andjarnic New Member

Why would you want to root Android anyway? It's already pretty dang capable and open, far more than iPhone. I see why iPhone does it, but Android has no limitations of apps (barring the extreme obscene)... short of being a linux/google techie who wants to update their phone OS every time there is a new build each night, I don't see the purpose in doing this.
  9. Deuel

Deuel New Member

Well done! Very clean and concise.
  10. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

As romeov said, it does 100% void the warranty on the phone. Because it allows you to tinker with stuff that can break the phone, and they shouldn't be responsible for that. For me there is zero things i would need to root my droid for. While some of the are really cool things you can do with it, nothing i can't live without. Esp at the point of voiding a warranty, and slim chance i could brick my phone.
  11. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

Couldn't agree more, thats why I have yet to do it to my phone. Although using root you might be able to get apps to run off the sd card (again don't see the need, but to each his own)

Oh and the linux/google techie thing (well maybe, a little true) but don't act like you weren't drooling over the 2.1 update just like the rest of us. lol:D
  12. romeov

romeov New Member

I can't wait to see if you guys say this when a cyanogen rom gets released for the droid, and the rest of us are running the full sense ui, apps2sd, built in full tethering, with unecessary startup apps removed, new ones added, with the best droid tweaks the mod community could come up with all integrated, running faster and smoother than ever with system tweaks.

I totally agree with people who have no need for rooting, more power to you, but the droid was rooted less than a week ago, right now the only cool thing to do is run rootable apps from the market. Wait till all the new droid specific root apps start popping up that enhance your phone way more than is currently possible, and then when the custom roms start popping up, and you can get the best of all android apps, the best ui, and the absolute best customization and I will be interested to see if you're still completely uninterested.

And yes, android is open source, but that is not at all the same as having root access. Not even close. All rooting does is give you full administrative access to every part of your phone os. So you can do as little or as much to it you like. Right now, you have control over your apps and basic android settings, that's it. And no, I'm not a linux techie :)
  13. The Alabama Hamma

The Alabama Hamma New Member

i cant figure out why I am not getting the same hash. When I run the md5 checksum I get a different one than the one on your description. help!!!!!
  14. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

I am very much aware of all of these things and the advantages of rooting. Trust me I don't like restrictions on my privileges anymore than the next guy (work on linux for years and then try to fix a friends vista computer :mad: you have no real privileges) I'm just saying as of right now I see no reason to root my phone, in the future perhaps. And as much of a fan as I am of rooting, I do believe that there are those users out there that have no need or business doing this to their phones. They just want the phone to do what its advertised to do, and they don't really care about anything else.
  15. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

Guess im not as good as i thought I was. I cant seem to grasp the concept of how this is done
  16. rietherll

rietherll New Member

I followed the instructions to the letter, and when i try to run the update file, it aborts the update... somthing about the FOD???? please help!!!
  17. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

rietherll: you probably are one of the "update.zip.zip" people... make sure you have extensions enabled in Windows.
  18. rietherll

rietherll New Member

OK, now it is telling me that the signature legenth does not match the EOCD marker... Suggestions Please!!!!!
  19. dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx New Member

The superuser permissions app/icon does it do anything? Cuz after I did the root that icon is in my menu but when I open it there's nothing its just a black screen..
  20. rietherll

rietherll New Member

Can anyone please help me????
Search tags for this page
adr3010 hacks
droid easy root

droid instructions

droid instructions easy
droid instructions. easy
droid x root instructions
easy root instructions
easyroot instructions