Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

lfegerber

Reaction score
Congrats on getting it to work. Unfortunately, I'm still a little lost....as you can tell, I'm not as tech-savvy.

As I mentioned, when I try to follow the instructions, I get past the point where it says that it's pushing the exploit. Unfortunately, after it pushes, my phone never reboots even though the prompts says it might. Then, it states that /system/bin/sh not found.

Can anyone explain to me in layman's terms what this means? Am I doing something wrong?

This is starting to make sense to me

having an issue being directed to the correct file

I helped it find the way

My phone is currently vibrating up a storm right now (being rooted)

I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/dancingnexus.gif
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/dancingDroid.gif

IT WORKED!!!! Now have root

Hotphyer

Reaction score
You have to load a remote storage. Go to files, click on remote storage then add storage. You have to know your IP address. The remaining steps are self explanatory. Don't forget to click on USB debugging in settings.

Well i do the remote storage and i get the files, that isnt the problem, once i do that step and run the exploit i get the same error as @lfegerber.

i tried to enter in a manual command like some have posted but im not to familiar with linux and it auto-runs and soon as i strike one key on my keyboard to enter in the manual command.

So im stuck for a moment, i want to know if its something im doing, the instructions are pretty straight forward and easy to follow, i have tried it multiple times and get the same response.

i did test if i hit enter again it reboots my phone but no root access.

Droid 51

Reaction score
how come the root bionic jb file wont download it said it was taken off

OP
M

marty45714

Reaction score
Link to new version of file added to original post. I added some lines to the script to stress the importance of pressing one of the three hardware buttons on the phone (Volume up, Volume Down, or Power) once the exploit has been executed. After discussing this with the author of the exploit, this is an important step to obtaining root.

jackal2403

Reaction score
LinuxMinimal_2.png

Where do u find the remote storage? on the virtual box program or in the phone settings..the directions seem easy but im hung up at this point..

Jfulton

Reaction score
Oracle Does Not Find my Phone

I have followed the directions exactly, when I plug in my phone, Oracle does not find my phone. The files are confirmed shared to SMB, I get the not running. starting it now on port 5037. then it says please plug in your phone or troubleshoot your VirtualBox USB connectivity. In the device pull down, I see the phone, but it does not find it. Any advice? I've been rooting since the beginning, this one has caused me quite a bit of trouble:

OP
M

marty45714

Reaction score
I've updated the .ova file again. See the original post for the new link and release notes.

OP
M

marty45714

Reaction score
Try the newest release that I just posted. Re-download it, re-import it and see if you have better luck.

LinuxMinimal_2.png

Where do u find the remote storage? on the virtual box program or in the phone settings..the directions seem easy but im hung up at this point..

OP
M

marty45714

Reaction score
2 things: In that device pulldown, make sure it has a check mark beside of it. If it doesn't, then click on the device and see if it will connect. If that doesn't work, try plugging into different USB ports on your PC until it does connect. I have seen similar issues before.

I have followed the directions exactly, when I plug in my phone, Oracle does not find my phone. The files are confirmed shared to SMB, I get the not running. starting it now on port 5037. then it says please plug in your phone or troubleshoot your VirtualBox USB connectivity. In the device pull down, I see the phone, but it does not find it. Any advice? I've been rooting since the beginning, this one has caused me quite a bit of trouble:

Hotphyer

Reaction score
Marty thanks for all the hard work and trying to figure out all of our issues.

Im going to try again tomorrow the 3rd update file for today to test before i post a please help me post again, the 2nd update file for today that showed instructions about pushing the volume up down or power button and i still received the same results, i get to that point and press one of the buttons and my phone doesnt reboot.

Ill try again tomorrow like i said, but i cant seem to figure out what i am doing wrong. And i am positive i am following the directions to a T.

OP
M

marty45714

Reaction score
Hopefully the 3rd update will work for you. I made a change to the script that may help your situation. Please try it and let me know if you have better luck.

Marty thanks for all the hard work and trying to figure out all of our issues.

Im going to try again tomorrow the 3rd update file for today to test before i post a please help me post again, the 2nd update file for today that showed instructions about pushing the volume up down or power button and i still received the same results, i get to that point and press one of the buttons and my phone doesnt reboot.

Ill try again tomorrow like i said, but i cant seem to figure out what i am doing wrong. And i am positive i am following the directions to a T.

swagramp

Reaction score
Hey again, I've been looking at all the posts and manually started the pwn file using "/storage/rfs0/pwn 1" but it comes up with the error "Failed to find pid". Not quite sure what to do from here :/

OP
M

marty45714

Reaction score
I don't have any advice for you. Download the latest update and keep trying...

Hey again, I've been looking at all the posts and manually started the pwn file using "/storage/rfs0/pwn 1" but it comes up with the error "Failed to find pid". Not quite sure what to do from here :/

shhendri

Reaction score
Hi All...I seem to have the same problem as the picture below. It states that /system/bin/sh not found. My phone never rebooted when it says "your phone may appear to reboot"
[QUOTE

=shhendri;2419783]

I had it look in the remote storage folder. Just look at the code written in the last picture and follow it.