1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Easy Root apk

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by crazyjoker2, Aug 8, 2010.

1. crazyjoker2

crazyjoker2 New Member

2. ArchDiablo

ArchDiablo New Member

This is awesome. Just in time for me to root my phone after the 2.2 update. Good eye on catching this!
  3. DocDoom187

DocDoom187 New Member

Question: If I have the apk is the Paypal button just to make donations to the Dev or do you have to pay to get the app?
  4. ArchDiablo

ArchDiablo New Member

I believe you still have to pay. When you install the app and run it, it asks for your email address and the code you received through email. You can make a minimum "donation" of $.99 and get the app. Highly worth it if you want to root but don't want to go through all the trouble. You even have the option to unroot with the app should you need to.
  5. DocDoom187

DocDoom187 New Member

Oh yeah definitely worth the money. I was just wondering how it worked.
  6. jeffe65

jeffe65 New Member

I installed the 2.2 FroYo that came out recently, and would like to use EasyRoot. If I root with this, will I need to unroot when they push the OTA update for 2.2? I'm new to this...
  7. tdelfie03

tdelfie03 New Member

new to rooting

I just used easy root to root my droid. can somone point me in the direction to overclock and get some new roms? Thank you for any help you can give
  8. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Yes, Google.com
  9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Try going into the hacking section of the Forum and look around in there for a while.
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Good thing you're a Sox fan…:D
  11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Why act like a Yankee Fan?
  12. InfrnalSky

InfrnalSky New Member

I would like to know the answer to this as well.
  13. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Boo...gotta beat them tonite and tommorow!
  14. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Good luck with that dancedroid

Yankee fan here that just moved to Boston :)
  15. mike5529

mike5529 New Member

I have toying with the idea of rooting, is it worth it? I installed 2.2 this week, will rooting kill my battery faster then 2.2 has been? And will be lost once I root trying to figure it or is it pretty simple to do tom's and overclock?
  16. jeffe65

jeffe65 New Member

Never mind, I figured it out. I wandered over here from another link and just had to hunt around a bit...
  17. kennydied23

kennydied23 Member

Or just click the link in my sig. Has all the froyo roms and kernels that you need.
  18. jeffe65

jeffe65 New Member

I don't know if it's me or the phone (Droid), but it's smoother and more responsive after rooting, and I didn't even overclock it yet. I checked using Linpack, and it's still running 9.5 or so MFLOPS, which is what it was before rooting. But that's almost twice as fast as 2.1 was, so between that and the features added, the minor change in battery life is worth it. Plus I can't put the thing down...
  19. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

mike....I debated the same thing for months but then Easy Root came and I said "if these others can do this I can!" and I did it. Took all of 30 seconds and by asking a couple questions (after searching first of course) and reading everything I could in the hacking section, I am now running a custom ROM and my phone is faster and more responsive than ever. I have yet to even overclock and my transitions are lightning fast.

My first piece of advice is to do it. You don't HAVE to do anything risky even if you are rooted so you shouldn't be scared, imo. My second piece of advice is to learn ALL you can about the general workings of ROM's, recovery images and themes and get familiar with some of the issues people have and the ways to get OUT of some of the more common jams before you even try to flash a ROM or do anything. That way you aren't stuck here hoping for an answer to your problem post while your phone is sitting useless. At least you can be searching with the correct terminology while help is on the way. Just my advice.

Anyway, I am a noob but have started to wrap my mind around it pretty well the last two days and have already had a couple of "uh oh" moments that I have had to work out of by reading this board and others. If I can be of any help just let me know. I realize the anxiety of wanting it but also fearing it. That goes for any of the noobs that are contemplating root or have just completed it or whatever. I know very little compared to most here but what I do know I learned from these guys. A lot of good people took a lot of time to help me get where I am and that is my repayment to the community (plus I want us all to be superior to and destroy the iPhone crowd with our knowledge and abilities...lol). There are a ton of good people here that are more than willing to help anyone out but their biggest pet peeve is that people don't at least TRY to search and learn and prepare BEFORE they cry out for help. It's a rule I have broken too many times myself but do your best to make an effort first. If the search feature here doesn't seem to get you good results, go to google and see for yourself how many times the same search words there bring you back to this forum.

Like one of the senior "droid-ers" told me a couple days ago, it's really kind of hard to screw your phone up if you do things the right way, i.e. backing up, making recovery images, etc. There is typically a way out if you have prepared for the worst ahead of time.

Good Luck!
  20. eagle132

eagle132 New Member

After using Easy Root for my girlfriend's phone, I figured I had to post somewhere telling people to 100% go for it. Literally took 15 seconds, absolutely no problems thus far. Very refreshing after some annoying rooting processes in the past. My phone's been rooted since 2.0, when it was quite easy, but I've rooted friends phones since and its not the most fun process.

So if you're thinking of rooting, this is the way to go. The dev has a compatibility test app on the market (which basically just redirects you to his website and paypal link), and the paypal process is painless.

Also.... GO SOX!