1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Easy Question for Noob, Already rooted, can I install rom?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Adam Vargas, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Adam Vargas

Adam Vargas New Member

Really easy yes/no question for noob. My phone is already rooted, and running 2.1 (ESE 53). Since it is already rooted, I can simply just install the BB 0.4 rom?

Extra, after you install a rom, does your phone require the reactivation thingy?
  2. drousseau99

drousseau99 New Member

yes, if already rooted, you can install another rom using sp recovery or Rom manager/clockwork recovery. I recommend making a nandroid backup first, just to be safe. You will need to re-sign in with your google id, since you will need to wipe data and cache if coming from 2.1. You might need to reactivate, I did when I came from 2.1 to 2.2, but now when re-flashing 2.2 roms I don't need to anymore. Reactivating went easily for me, didn't have to talk to an actual person, verizon's automated system handled it.
  3. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Banned

Depends on what phone, if you're talking about a Milestone or any other Android phone with a locked bootloader, then no. You can't install a custom ROM until the Devs circumvent the security on that specific phones bootloader. If it's a Motorola Droid, and you have a custom recovery installed, then yes.