Easy install of best froyo rom as of yet. Download here. so easy a monkey could do it

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dr0idg0d23, Jul 6, 2010.

1. dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23 New Member

i have deleted this post because it is now out dated. Installs of roms and themes are so easy now that nandroids like the one i had posted here are no longer needed.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. Pe3NuT

Pe3NuT New Member

Thanks man. This is what im using.

Sadly it did not install. Dragged the zip to the sd card installed from zip and nothing. But i have chevys running. And its clockwork if it matters.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  3. dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23 New Member

No problem, If you have any questions just ask.
  4. deputc26

deputc26 New Member

Great idea, i think I'll do one of smoked glass 1ghz lv.
  5. dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23 New Member

What didnt install?? the Rom?? If its the rom thats because you need to extract it and put the file that begins with 1970 in your clockworkmod/backup folder of your sd card then reboot into recovery and select nandroid then select restore then the file that you just put on there. it will not work in .zip as an update. .zip is just the only way I can upload it.
  6. zyren

zyren New Member

Ok, so i am having problems installing this too. I had rooted my phone and i had SPrecovery installed. i used the restore in SPrecovery, and it said ok, but when i started up my droid the screen just showed the M logo for 15 minutes. I restarted and held x and i am now getting the clockwork recovery.

I mounted the SD card and put the FOLDER (not file) named 1970-01-01.00.00.26 in the folder sdcard/clockworkmod/backup. As far as i can see there is no file, just a folder with files (none that start with 1970). The clockworkmod folder did not exist so i made it up. When i go to nandroid then restore it gives me this error "couldn't open directory. no files found"

I have no idea whta to do. Stuck in recovery mode.
  7. zyren

zyren New Member

I gave up on these instructions i just grabbed the official BB 0.4 .zip file and did an update.zip.

I appreciate the effort but they just didnt work.
  8. dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23 New Member

It is because you created the backup folder. When using clockworkmod if you create a backup of your rom using rommanager or the nandroid part of the recovery itself it will create the backup folder for you. It is that folder that this needs to be placed in. I am sorry this did not work for you but, I am also now able to post in the op that this will not work with sp recovery as I thought it would. Thank you for your feedback, it will help others down the road. I would ask you to try again but I know how it feels to run into back to back problems. It is discouraging and you just want to be done with it. Also you are right it is a folder not a file. Check out the OP.
  9. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Easy install you say.....
  10. angler1

angler1 New Member

So easy a caveman could do it. Ahh, nope.:clap: not working
  11. mike919

mike919 New Member

PEOPLE ARE NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS.

1. Download ROM Manager.
    2. Flash Clockworkmod recovery.
    3. backup current ROM
    4. download nandroid restore in OP.
    5. UNZIP nandroid restore "1970" and place UNZIPPED CONTENTS (which is just 1 FILE, not a .zip, not a FILE IN A FILE) So double click on 1970 and it should open to al your system dumps. In SHORT, take the PARENT FOLDER of the contents. (which should be named "1970"
    6. Attached phone to PC, open up folders ClockworkMod, then backup. IF YOU DID A BACKUP, you should see 1 folder in your backup already which is the one you just made with this post. it should have a timestamp as the file name.
    7. DRAG THE UNZIPPED PARENT FOLDER (which contains your system dump contents) INTO THIS "BACKUP" FOLDER.
    8. UNmount sd card from phone and disconnect cable.
    9. open up ROM manager and go to manage and restore Backups.
    10. Click your nandroid your just put on SDcard. (1970)

phone will reboot install restore and there ya go. if you get stuck on the M its cause your phone can't handle the kernel. BOOTLOOP = KERNEL! (or you messed with the framework but if you did that, you know what you are doing)

thank you and follow directions and you won't have problems.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  12. Pe3NuT

Pe3NuT New Member

It works. The theme is alright, could be better, but the package as a whole is great.
  13. VannMann

VannMann New Member

Worked great for me as well. But I still want to learn to do it by flashing it. I keep getting errors by doing it the normal way. But im sure ill figure it out. Thanks for the help.
  14. bboulware

bboulware New Member

Incredible?

What models is this supposed to work on?

I tried on Incredible and it won't restore the Boot - I was able to use Nandroid Recovery to restore recovery, system, and data but it would not restore boot and therefore would not boot - had to go back to my backup (thank you nandroid) - tried twice, is this only for certain model phones? Is there an Incredible build for Froyo?

15. cpagelan

cpagelan New Member

Beast for Fascinate...

Does this work on Fascinate? Sorry if I missed that in any postings, only sped-read through them. Gotta stop working so damn much. Be nice if my phone was one thing I could be sure about! Lol. Thanks a lot Verizon, Samsung, Google. Sheesh!
  16. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Any 2.2 Roms for the Fascinate?
  17. dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23 New Member

I want to thank mike919 for explaing the directions in greater detail. It is nice to be backed up by someone on here who appreciates the effort instead of just complaining. I posted a link to this thread in another thread a long time ago and was chastised by someone named coolsabre for what he called spamming the thread. Funny thing is chevyno1 approved this. I have given up on droid forums because there are too many people who are trying to do things way above there technical skills instead of starting small and moving forward slowly. Then they blame me when they brick their device when really its because they didnt follow the directions to begin with. I bricked many a device getting to the level im at, starting with my t-mobile g1. I learned from my mistakes and researched how to recover and then fixed my mistakes. I received a lot of help from a lot of great developers so i understand its a learning process. All i ask is that if i am to ever post something for public use again, please follow the directions to the letter. If you dont your screwed because there is no room for error when messing with this stuff. If you do mess something up then ask how to fix it and try again or move to something else dont complain because everyone on here does this work for free and you knew the risks when you started. I am now concentrating on the fascinate over at xda, answering questions mostly and helping people fix mistakes. I am no longer combining packages like this one so please dont ask. Sorry for my outdated signiture on here but im too lazy right now to update it. Also sorry for the mispellings and improper punctuation, i did this in a hurry on my tablet and not my computer. Also i can answer most acer iconia tab questions too. Good luck to all and happy modding, i will see you over at xda.
Search tags for this page
2.2 rom download
download froyo
download froyo roms here
download rom manager froyo
easy to replace froyo with another rom
froyo 2 download
froyo custom rom 3.0 download
froyo custom rom download
froyo download
froyo rom

froyo rom download