Easy 1-2-3 Root Process for D2 (Windows/Linux and Mac coming soon)

Param

Reaction score
I just bought my D2 yesterday, will this work on any firmware?

Param

Reaction score
Yup rooted. Its not 1-step but this is impossible to mess up if you follow directions.

Bishang

Reaction score
Thanks! :) I'm rooted. Now I gotta figure out what I want to do next xD

OP
D

darkonion

Reaction score
Yup rooted. Its not 1-step but this is impossible to mess up if you follow directions.

Yup. It's comes a way. Went from a 25 step process to a 4 or 5 step process to 3 commands and is finally down to "one-click root" for Windows, and two step command for Linux and Ubuntu.

OP
D

darkonion

Reaction score
For everyone's information, facelessuser has added some steroids to the code/script and made it essentially one step! Hop over to XDA Developers and check them out.

OP
D

darkonion

Reaction score
Thank you sir. And facelessuser thanks you, too.

We've made a lot of headway in the scripts and process. More like facelessuser has worked wonders. Apparently works for Droid X, too! There are still bugs, but there will always be. One step at time though!

dpb_is_me

Reaction score
Unrooting an R2-D2

I have an R2-D2 Droid 2. I used your technique in attempt to root it. I was unsuccessful. I now have a partially rooted system. Some applications think it is rooted when they install, the Super User application is installed and uninstallable but is not functional. My main reason for rooting it was tethering but I really don't have an immediate need for that. So I would like to unroot it and remove the super user app. Since I have the Star Wars special power animation in the firmware. So far the only methods to undo the rooting I have found so far seem to include replacing the firmware. This I fear will remove the novel start-up. I could probably reverse engineer the adb hack and file system mounts and remounts but it is a learning curve I would like to avoid at the moment. Would you please help me?

A foolish Star Wars fan and 30 year Unix administrator.

Last edited:
OP
D

darkonion

Reaction score
I have an R2-D2 Droid 2. I used your technique in attempt to root it. I was unsuccessful. I now have a partially rooted system. Some applications think it is rooted when they install, the Super User application is installed and uninstallable but is not functional. My main reason for rooting it was tethering but I really don't have an immediate need for that. So I would like to unroot it and remove the super user app. Since I have the Star Wars special power animation in the firmware. So far the only methods to undo the rooting I have found so far seem to include replacing the firmware. This I fear will remove the novel start-up. I could probably reverse engineer the adb hack and file system mounts and remounts but it is a learning curve I would like to avoid at the moment. Would you please help me?

A foolish Star Wars fan and 30 year Unix administrator.

Make your way over to XDA developers. There should be some updated scripts. If you are on Unix, you can ./doroot.sh unroot. If you are on windows, double click the unroot.bat. Yeah... Hope that helps.

-Kevin