Easist way to reinstall SPRecovery?

Rento

Reaction score
I searched google and all I can find is confusing things with a lot of a command lines.

I had SPR and switched to Rom Manager for some stupid reason... I tried selecting "Flash Alternative Recovery" in RM and it's not rebooting into recovery, nor does the power button + X work.

This is soo stressful and irritating... I just want my UD 2.5 backup installed and as far as I know... You can't use backups from SPR on RM. FML.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Here, have a drink.
:beer2::beer2::beer2::beer2::beer2:

Anyway, use RM to flash CW back on, and when you get that back on then try flashing alternate recovery, then do this 3x, finishing with SPR.

Another option is to flash CW and then use CW to flash RZR (which is a MAJOR update/revamp) on instead. If you're interested, or you just can't get SPR back on, I'll link you. RZR can be flashed on with a simple update.zip install.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Give me RZR please, I already tried the Flash Alternate Recovery method 5 times... And it sticks at the Motorola M booting...

What you're saying is that I flash RZR and it'll reboot with SPR installed right?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
All I read was that it has SPR and that's what I want to use. If this lets me boot to recovery using SPR, that's all I care about.

And thank you very much...

Last edited:

shmoo

Reaction score
Def go with RZR! Its the best recovery out there. You'll be nothing but pleased

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

loveisdead30

Reaction score
sbf and rsd lite

Ok guys so basically same thing for me now...I had SPrecovery and decided to give rom manager a try this weekend to try out cyanogen. Well I was not pleased and decided i wanted to go back stock un rooted, so in rom manager I clicked on stock files, since it does say unrooted/rooted option, clicked it and there was no option btw but I thought that not clicking su 2.2 option it would be un rooted. It booted up and now everything FCs, rom manager errors on everything I try (free and premium).
Now comes another frustrating thing, I am on my laptop this weekend and recently formated it, well I no longer have my extra sbf files, nor rsd lite. So far I have founda working link for the motorola 64 bit drivers and have them installed (win7 64), no link I have found work for any sbf file or rsd lite 4.6 so I google searched rsd lite and could only find 4.5 so that is what I have installed...
Anyone have a working line for the sbf file for sp recovery and rsd 4.6?? None of the rescue links work for either of these

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok guys so basically same thing for me now...I had SPrecovery and decided to give rom manager a try this weekend to try out cyanogen. Well I was not pleased and decided i wanted to go back stock un rooted, so in rom manager I clicked on stock files, since it does say unrooted/rooted option, clicked it and there was no option btw but I thought that not clicking su 2.2 option it would be un rooted. It booted up and now everything FCs, rom manager errors on everything I try (free and premium).
Now comes another frustrating thing, I am on my laptop this weekend and recently formated it, well I no longer have my extra sbf files, nor rsd lite. So far I have founda working link for the motorola 64 bit drivers and have them installed (win7 64), no link I have found work for any sbf file or rsd lite 4.6 so I google searched rsd lite and could only find 4.5 so that is what I have installed...
Anyone have a working line for the sbf file for sp recovery and rsd 4.6?? None of the rescue links work for either of these

We lost our host server. Pretty sure all the files are saved elsewhere but we are working on getting the files uploaded to android.net. Giving ya a bump cause I know someones got the files out there. Unfortunately I don't have them at the momment.

Sent from somewhere...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
For the record, you don't need ROM Mangler to install CyanogenMod. Heck, I can't think of one ROM or update.zip that's properly put together that forces you to run ROM Manager -- and if they do then we go back to the "properly put together" part of my previous sentence. :)

http://ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/RSDLite4.6.msi

That's RSD Lite. Here are the SBFs for both RZRecovery and SPRecovery. RZ for the features and charging while in recovery, SPRecovery for familiarity and old-school awesome. RZRecovery can flash Nandroids made by SP.

http://www.rzdroid.com/ftp/recovery/MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf

http://rzdroid.com/ftp/recovery/RZR-2.0.2-recovery_only.sbf

loveisdead30

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you for the links! For some reason though when I try to download the RSD file I am only getting like 200b/s =/ it does the same thing with trying to download files from Petes site for the different sbf files he has...I can download from anywhere else at 10mb/s no problem except these 2 which really sucks since I need rsd lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Different servers, different rates. As long as it comes down, though, that's the important part.

RSD Lite 4.7-4.9 should be able to flash the Droid 1 too, just in case you CAN'T get 4.6.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Def go with RZR! Its the best recovery out there. You'll be nothing but pleased

I find that CR takes a long time to back up and restore compared to SPR. How is the speed for RZR?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
RZR backups are the same size as SPR -- that is to say MUCH smaller -- so they're faster than CW backups anyway, but since RZR OVERCLOCKS your CPU up to 1.1GHz, it's even faster still. :)

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I find that CR takes a long time to back up and restore compared to SPR. How is the speed for RZR?

RZR is lightning fast! It is about three times faster with backup and restore features then spr is! ;)

samiusmc

Reaction score

RZR is lightning fast! It is about three times faster with backup and restore features then spr is! ;)

You're right. Just flashed it and did a backup. Awesome recovery. I highly recommend it. Thanks.