1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Easiest Way To Swap App Icons?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Breezer23, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Breezer23

Breezer23 New Member

I'm curious as to what is the easiest way to swap out the App Icons for the Droid. I'm not referring to anything like BetterCut or a Home replacement. Is it as simple as replacing it in the APK file?
    -Travis
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

the only way i know how is using one of those 2 methods or app organizer atm.
  3. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

Yes you can just change the icon in the apk file, most of them are under drawable folders.. Some say that once you move it back onto your phone you have to reassign a key to it but I have successfully changed a couple app icons (gmail, dolphin browser, and handcent) without doing that.
  4. elgaucholoco

elgaucholoco New Member

going to try

Ok, so this is how you can change the icon in the app drawers..going straight into the .apk? Bettercut or Anycut didn't seem to give me the option to do this.

What about changing the name under the icon in the app drawer (not the home screen)? Where would this be found in the .apk?

Would anyone here know if there is an app to help resign an .apk?
Search tags for this page
android swap icon

android swap icons

android swapping icons
how to swap icons for android
how to swap icons on android
swap android icons
swap app icon android
swap icon app icon on android phone

swap icons android

swap icons droid