Easiest way to root?

djj624

Reaction score
What's the best way to root the tbolt. Best directions and easy to do. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Manual adb root. Anyone that can copy and paste can root that way.

Use google to find it in XDA.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

flooritnfly

Reaction score
Really? Manual? That's hard to believe...
Where are all the supposed "1-click" root methods? I thought those were supposed to be out by now?? I want to root but I have never done it before and have been holding out until something RIDICULOUSLY easy comes out.....

jeffly777

Reaction score
Google 3 click root for thunderbolt. There are plenty of links on this forum for it, too. It's not quite a "one click root," but it's pretty easy.

And the ADB route out certainly doable, but it's much harder. Worth doing to learn, but if all you want is to delete bloatware, it's really not worth the trouble to install adb.

Thunderstruck

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Really? Manual? That's hard to believe...
Where are all the supposed "1-click" root methods? I thought those were supposed to be out by now?? I want to root but I have never done it before and have been holding out until something RIDICULOUSLY easy comes out.....

Most 1 click roots are bad news. I would stay away from them (besides Unrevoked). Manual is pretty easy... I did it my first time 2 weeks ago. It's just a bunch of copy and pasting. And if you run into trouble just ask and people will tell you what to do. It also takes less time than the 3 click roots. The biggest mistake with adb root is that people forget to flash the downgrade RUU (Missing a step because they don't READ) so they just have to start over again. ADB is good to learn. As you find the benefits of rooting most do more and more to their phone (start removing bloat, then flashing ROMs, then overclocking/underclocking, and finally adding your theme you like)

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know add seems intimidating but its actually easy. If you can type out a question on this thread you can do adb. One click root is not the best thing right now. You really should learn adb its just as fast and easy.

sent using droidforums app

OP
djj624

djj624

Reaction score
Used simi automatic. Very easy worked fist time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
when they come up with an update for the TB will we loose root like we did with the DX's?