Easiest Way To Install Marshmallow Developer Preview 3 To Your Nexus

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The easiest way to install a stock image on a Nexus device is still the Wugfresh Nexus Root Toolkit. Grab the toolkit from the link below. Grab the stock image for Marshmallow Developer Preview 3 from the link below. You will want to go into settings and chose your current device and build. Be sure that your device is in USB debugging mode (turn on the option in developer settings). Then chose the option to "Flash Stock + Unroot". Do this as "device on/normal". It will ask you which image you want to flash, select browse PC, find the stock image you just downloaded and select it. The toolkit will walk you through the rest of the process.

Wugfresh toolkit

Stock image

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hopefully the full fledged version will offer something that is actually useful as I'm not impressed at all with the dev preview.
But of course that's just me....I wasn't all that impressed with the lollipop features, so hopefully once released, they'll actually provide something beneficial to the end user.

S5 tap'n

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Hmmm every time I try to run it asks for the md5 hastag, I copy from the site and enter it. I get hashtag mismatch and it cancels installation.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Turns out my download didn't download correctly, I downloaded it again and all worked fine.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The toolkit makes it really easy...

I have tried all the Previews, and all of them have bugs...

To be honest, I don't see enough of a difference yet between Marshmallow and Lollipop to bother keeping the Preview on my phone when it still has bugs... Couple things look nicer, but performance and battery life is no better, in some cases worse... Some people are having GPS issues, myself, I get FC's in a couple apps, and unfortunately they are apps that I need...