Easiest way to install 4.0.4 ?

Reaction score
I'm looking for the absolute easiest foolproof way to install 4.0.4 on my phone.

I completely stock, and don't want to stay unlocked or rooted after it's done.

Is there a step-by-step guide for idiots on how to do this?

Thanks,

Steve

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
Soon.......that's funny.
It's been 6 months with no updates, 4.0.4 has been out for 4 months........still nothing for the masses.

Steve

GoBears

Reaction score
The safest most foolproof way is to wait on the OTA. Unlocking, rooting and flashing, although very simple, will always carry some risk. The good news is the GNex is virtually unHARDbrickable. There is a bunch of tutorials which will make it easy and painless. Good luck and peace out.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I'm looking for the absolute easiest foolproof way to install 4.0.4 on my phone.

I completely stock, and don't want to stay unlocked or rooted after it's done.

Is there a step-by-step guide for idiots on how to do this?

Thanks,

Steve

I used instructions found here to update my BONE STOCK 4.0.2 GNex to the latest 4.0.4 leak.
IMM76K Direct for Verizon Galaxy Nexus Manual OTA Instructions [UPDATED][New Working Link] « StrifeJester's Rants

When all is said and done, phone is NOT rooted or unlocked. As if the OTA was pushed right to the phone.

This is very easy to do and doesnt take more than 20 minutes, However you do need to have the Android SDK installed and know how to use adb..

EDIT: Posted this like 2-3 weeks ago.. suprised no one here saw it..
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...ons/207342-4-0-4-soak-test-6.html#post2101022

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
But you loose all your data and settings.......that sucks.

Is there a good back-up app that will save everything for you?

Steve

gernerttl

Reaction score
All you need is read/write permissions to the \cache folder...which means you have to be rooted. I rooted and updated with no problems.

teg94

Reaction score
This is by far the best resource I've found. I used this to root, and unlock, and flash my phone. I was very hesitant at first, but now I'm applying updates every few days. Titanium Backup is the best for backing up all your settings, but you need to be rooted. Otherwise make sure everything is backed up to a google account and you wont lose much.

Complete Guide to the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE [Verizon] – Droid Life