Easiest way to get GB on D1

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by clamperson, Mar 17, 2011.

1. clamperson

clamperson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just would like someone to give me a step-by-step process on the easiest possible way of getting GB on my D1. It's rooted with SuperOneClick's RATC and it's running the stock 2.2.2 (no custom ROM). I would like to know which ROM to use, how to install it, what and how to backup (if necessary) and any other info you might have about it. I understand what the risks are and i'm not going to freak out at the first sign of any problems. (Well maybe just a little but who wouldn't?) I want the real GB or as close as I can get to the real GB. Please and thanks.

2. Newps

Newps Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Why bother? I've tried a half a dozen GB ROM's and none of them are as good as a good froyo ROM. Way too many downsides to the GB's. But if you really want one just search this area of the forum and try them out.

3. kei6193

kei6193 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ultimate droid 3.1.1 has really good battery life, fast and reliable

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Tried a few already and i strongly recommend to pick a stable Foryo Rom with a GB theme, it will give the same visual experience, the best root experience and to get as much as possible from your phone without the bugs of GB. I was always rooted and did any possible thing with my phone and i can tell that other then the built in SIP there is no much difference then Froyo. It seems to me the major excitement is to have your phone displaying 2.3.x instead of a 2.2.2... but that's just me..

I highly recommend Sourcery Rom that is Froyo 2.2.2 based and has a GB theme, a Galaxy Theme and about 12 more.. i read good reviews of PE 4.2 although i had a bad experience with PE 5.x

Good luck with anything you do...

5. droidlady05

droidlady05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try Project Elite 4.2 Froyo w/Gingerbread Parts. Smooth & stable. Goodluck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App