*Easiest* way to get back to stock (No root, no busybox)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Berzerker, Jan 18, 2010.

1. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Do as the previous poster and do a data and cache wipe. that usually clears up a boot loop.
  2. _Killer_

_Killer_ New Member

gonna try this.. hope it works.. having some issues with camera and i think i'm just gonna try to replace the phone.

EDIT:
    When i open DM Updater i get this -

Current Rom: Lithium_Mod-1.0.12
    Version:12(0.1.2)
    Unable to detect your device. This application is only for the Motorola Droid. If you believe you are getting this message in error, please contact Camel, and include the following information:
    Manufacturer:Motorola
    Model:Moto Droid
    Device:Sholes
    Brand:Verizon
    Board:Sholes
    Name:Voles

Anyone else have this problem?? i skimmed through the thread did not search.
  3. _Killer_

_Killer_ New Member

Anyone? My phone is giving me quite a few issues lately.. really want to try to replace it..
  4. msu

msu New Member

Hello,

I'm getting a D1 replacement, so I was going to set my D1 back to stock. I was just going to use the stock rom out of rom manager.
    This should be ok right?

Also, I'm guessing this new cert. phone will have 2.2 already on it. What is the best way to root it these days. I used DMUpdater when I originally did my D1.
  5. xr-70

xr-70 New Member

help

Ok im using a motorola droid 2 with 2.2 . I rooted the phone and deleted apks that i figured i would never us. And then in my infinite wisedom i deleted the back up. Now the 2.3 update from verizon will not install with out the mynet.apk. ive tryed ones from other places, some work on the phone but still fail to verify with verizon. I need someone with a verizon motorola droid 2 to share the mynet.apk file with me. Please...
  6. Dad23Boys77

Dad23Boys77 New Member

This is going to sound like a really, stupid question. But I'm new and cant seem to get rid of the Liberty 1.5 boot animation and can't find the "/data/local/bootanimation.zip" anywhere.

Would someone please explain to me where to go to find this .zip file and how to restore the stock "M" boot animation?

Thanks in advance for your assitance.
  7. Midnight rodeo

Midnight rodeo New Member

You should be able to change it back with rom manager

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  8. CowboyCombat

CowboyCombat New Member

Is this relevant to all devices? I recently romd my d2g, decided I didn't want it anymore went through sbf recovery, red lite 4.9 and then I got the "please power manually" and it bootlooped and semi bricked thankfully I had a dev help me out of it" he was insanely helpful" so I dont wanna bother him again so now im assuming that im back to stock after doing a factory recovery but I noticed my firmware was still displaying 2.4.29 sbf firmware then I ran the normal system update for 2.4.330 and it went fine. So my question is my d2g completely back to stock even though I had the bootloop issue and I never officially got the" pass" notification in rsd lite and just did the factory recover? Sorry if that was confusing, just a.little nervous ya know?
  9. wooddale

wooddale New Member

I want to sell my phone it was rooted Z4 unrooted went back to stock only problem is when you boot the phone up it boots into clockwork recovery all you have to do is press reboot but how do you maske it so it will not boot into recovery every time
  10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy New Member

smupdate

so im trying to go back to stock on my phone but when i open smupdate it says it cant connect theres an error can anyone help
  11. chrom3

chrom3 New Member

So, since dmupdater 12 isn't working, how is everyone unrooting their phone now?
  12. RebelX

RebelX New Member

so i want to get my rooted droid 1 completely back to stock and this dmupdater thing keeps giving me an error... so how can i fix my droid? all i want to do is update it, but every time i try to install it, it puts me in the recovery screen and the phone restarts without being updated... i changed the kernel as well, but i don't know if that means anything... so will this dmupdater thing be fixed or do i need to do something else to fix my droid?
Search tags for this page
android uninstalled busybox unable to boot
backup stock rom no root
busybox no touch

droid 3 back to stock

flash droid 3 back to stock

how remove busybox completely
how to get droid incredible back to stock settings
how to uninstall busybox completely droid x
stock apps back how to get
uninstall busybox

uninstall busybox android