easier way to install kernels??

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by madspeed, Jul 30, 2010.

1. madspeed

madspeed Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Im running BB v.4 and toying with some different kernels. Is there another way to install them that I'm missing out on other than putting the update.zip to sdcard, then rebooting into SPRecovery, installing, then rebooting again and upping the max speed in Setcpu, then rebooting again??

2. bump47

bump47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't really need setcpu. Pete's scripts automatically use the kernels and their specific mhz. But, other than installing them one at a time no that is the only way I am aware of. You can put a bunch on your sd card and just continue going into recovery and trying them all that way.

3. madspeed

madspeed Member

Ratings:
    +2
    HUH??? I can install say a P3 250/1250 kernel and BB will automatically set those values??

4. bump47

bump47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I am running Chevy's ULV 1.1 Ghz and I don't have setcpu installed and I am getting over 1400 on my quadrant scores. Pete does all the work for you

5. LT*

LT* Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it will. I still use SetCPU for the profiles. I actually had my temp profile go off yesterday while using nav in the car after trying a new Kernel.

6. madspeed

madspeed Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well NO ****OLA BATMAN!!! Thx for bringing this to my attention, how'd I ever miss that???

7. 3vil

3vil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Clockwork and Rom manager is much easier to use for installing kernels than using sprecovery. Rom manager does everything for you: It downloads the kernel, asks if you want to back up your current rom, and then it takes you to recovery and does the entire process for you.

8. madspeed

madspeed Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i got ROM manager, never touched it though. How does it install clockwork? Over SPRecovery or does it get rid of it? How do you boot into recovery mode?

9. drpurp

drpurp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ROM Manager preferably uses CW over SP in features. You can install CW through ROM Manager and it replaces SP. There is also an option to install SP in ROM Manager as well. I love CW as opposed to SP as I have had hardly any issues. There are other people that find CW less than favorable and prefer SP. There's also an option in ROM Manager to reboot recovery.

10. TheFarmerDeBoer

TheFarmerDeBoer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In ROM Manager, just press flash clockwork recovery (right at the top) and that'll overwrite over SPRecovery, but you still press X and the power button to get into recovery manually.

Though with ROM Manager, you can just have a kernel on your root of your SD card, and press 'Install ROM from SD Card', find the kernel, and it'll take it from there for you. dancedroid

Search tags for this page

clock work kernel

instalar franco kernel con clockwork