Earthquake! App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
or...you can go to Google and type "earthquake" and it will list all recent earthquakes and even map them! lol what a coincidence

Yeah, this is cool as an app but it is available on the internet, has been for years. I'm originally from California and my wife loves to tell me about earthquakes when they happen out there.

ive lived in cali for more than 12 years and ive only felt 1 quake for like 2 seconds at the most.

I lived in California since 1953 until 1997. I never felt an earthquake until 1970 and it was a good one. I thought an atomic bomb went off.

Since 1970 I have experienced many earthquakes, some moderate, some small and a couple of good size ones, the last one being Northridge in 1995 or 96. That one brought down a good chunk of the Santa Monica Freeway.

Don't worry, your time will come....:icon_ devil:

eliassami5

Reaction score
Yeah, this is cool as an app but it is available on the internet, has been for years. I'm originally from California and my wife loves to tell me about earthquakes when they happen out there.

ive lived in cali for more than 12 years and ive only felt 1 quake for like 2 seconds at the most.

I lived in California since 1953 until 1997. I never felt an earthquake until 1970 and it was a good one. I thought an atomic bomb went off.

Since 1970 I have experienced many earthquakes, some moderate, some small and a couple of good size ones, the last one being Northridge in 1995 or 96. That one brought down a good chunk of the Santa Monica Freeway.

Don't worry, your time will come....:icon_ devil:

wow didnt realize you were that old..no offence..but i hope to not experience anything like that in my lifetime.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow didnt realize you were that old..no offence..but i hope to not experience anything like that in my lifetime.

No offense taken. Notice though I went 18 years and never felt a quake. So you just never know.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Funny story about people form California and earthquakes.

A friend of mine lives in LA and works in the film industry. Back in 1996 he was in a theater and they showed the trailer for Twister. He said people jumped out of their seats at the end of the trailer (if you don't remember, the original trailer for the movie had a big tire coming right at the screen). But what was funny is that a lot of people said "man, I'm glad I live here. We just have earthquakes." My friend laughed, because he's a Midwesterner, and has lived through his share of tornadoes. :)