Earthlink email set up

gregplv

Reaction score
No matter what I try, I can't get my Earthlink account to send email

Anybody figure this one out? there are several threads i have found in various places but have not been able to get mine to send. it receives email fine

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Earthlink is apparently using POP format.

Incoming: pop.earthlink.net
Outgoing: smtpauth.earthlink.net
Authorization Required (for both)

POP Port: 110 (Although some are different from others...)
SMTP Port: 587

If these don't work, you'll probably need to contact Earthlink.

OP
G

gregplv

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for your help. These were the exact settings I had.

I contacted Earthlink, they suggested the same thing. Still everything just sits in the outbox.

DroidEagle

Reaction score
One other thought...is your Wi-Fi connection turned on? Check it in the menu>wireless.

Reaction score
I don't know HOW to do it, cuz I've never bothered, but I know you can setup the GMAIL app to poll your other email addresses (POP3 included) and then push that email to your phone, via the gmail app. It polls the email addresses based on how frequently they get email, which saves you battery life.

solar

Reaction score
Are you using the default mail program? I use K-9 mail for my earthlink account and it works just fine. I haven't used the default mail app in a while, nbut I remember it working for me when I did. The settings I see above are the same settings i'm using so i'm not sure where the disconnect it. I'm assuming you don't have any other connection issue? you can get to the net ok, browse the facebook app or whatever ?

OP
G

gregplv

Reaction score
Mail

I have been using the default mail program. Gmail send and receives no problem.

What drives me nuts is I cant respond using Earthlink.

I called Earthlink,they verified my settings but everything still goes to the outbox and stays there.

Is K9 something I download?

solar

Reaction score
K-9 Mail is another email program. You can get it from the market. Its the one I use and it works well. Give it a shot and see if you can get it to work for you. I use my earthlink account with it because it behaves better then the default one and has more options.