Earthlink and Incoming Mail

ttgrep

Reaction score
my phone has issues with incoming mail from earthlink. I have to reboot the phone and get connection Error messages. Gmail, Messaging and Browser all work. Double checked the settings and all is OK.
Is there an issue with Earthlink and Droid?

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my phone has issues with incoming mail from earthlink. I have to reboot the phone and get connection Error messages. Gmail, Messaging and Browser all work. Double checked the settings and all is OK.
Is there an issue with Earthlink and Droid?

First, :welcome: to the Droid forums. To answer you question I have yet to see any problems with Earthlink and Droid so I believe that there is something in your set up you may have wrong.

The cleanest way to transfer email is to have your earthlink account set up to forward mail to gmail, not the client on your phone. You would do this by going to your settings on gmail on line and setting it up on the accounts and import tab. On the forwarding a Pop3 mail tab make sure you have imap selected.

If you choose to respond via your earthlink account mail address that can also be set up on the accounts and import tab.

If that's the way you have it set up already then something else is going on. Just double check one more time.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, ttgrep! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless!