1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Earthlink and Incoming Mail

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by ttgrep, Mar 16, 2010.

1. ttgrep

ttgrep New Member

my phone has issues with incoming mail from earthlink. I have to reboot the phone and get connection Error messages. Gmail, Messaging and Browser all work. Double checked the settings and all is OK.
    Is there an issue with Earthlink and Droid?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

First, :welcome: to the Droid forums. To answer you question I have yet to see any problems with Earthlink and Droid so I believe that there is something in your set up you may have wrong.

The cleanest way to transfer email is to have your earthlink account set up to forward mail to gmail, not the client on your phone. You would do this by going to your settings on gmail on line and setting it up on the accounts and import tab. On the forwarding a Pop3 mail tab make sure you have imap selected.

If you choose to respond via your earthlink account mail address that can also be set up on the accounts and import tab.

If that's the way you have it set up already then something else is going on. Just double check one more time.
  3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Welcome, ttgrep! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless!
Search tags for this page
connect to earthlink email using android phone
earthlink android app
earthlink email quit working for droid
forward earthlink email

forward earthlink to gmail

forward mindspring email to gmail
how do i unforward earthlink mail to gmail
how to forward a message earthlink email

how to forward earthlink email to gmail

how to forward email from mindspring to gmail
how to set up mail fetcher for earthlink emails
problem forwarding earthlink email to my verizon phone
webmail. hosting.earthlink. net imap
why is my gmail being forwarded to my earthlink account?