Early upgrade

reybie

Reaction score
Got shot down today, the rep I spoke to didn't even try to offer to check with a supervisor. I will just wait the two weeks :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Got shot down today, the rep I spoke to didn't even try to offer to check with a supervisor. I will just wait the two weeks :)

Common now.. Try harder.. Lol... I'm relentless... Annoying till Ya help me or curse me.. Lol

N2 Tap'd

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
They wouldn't give you two weeks? What creeps.

don_813

Reaction score
Definitely. He checked my actual usage and said that with the loss of unlimited, I wouldn't notice a thing. I'm excited. 18 days and counting :)

You should try to upgrade keeping unlimited data but still pay upgrade prices. Very easy to do, search how its done on VZW, i upgraded 4 of my lines paid 200 for each phone, and kept unlimited data :)

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Great. I'll definitely check that out. Thanks for the tip.

zebo51

Reaction score
Not sure why but my contract with my bionic is up in September but as of may this year I have been eligible for an upgrade. I only have the one phone too.

I have been with Verizon around 10 years now. Before the bionic I had the BB storm which I kept over its two year contract, probably had that phone 3 years.

So just like I watched and followed the bionic awhile once it came out I have been doing the same on the S4. I know lots of bionic owners have gone with it. I'm just not sure yet.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Not sure why but my contract with my bionic is up in September but as of may this year I have been eligible for an upgrade. I only have the one phone too.

I have been with Verizon around 10 years now. Before the bionic I had the BB storm which I kept over its two year contract, probably had that phone 3 years.

So just like I watched and followed the bionic awhile once it came out I have been doing the same on the S4. I know lots of bionic owners have gone with it. I'm just not sure yet.

Great phone man. Take the plunge. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too was a Bionic user, that has now gone S4. It's the real deal. Do it!

jseah

Reaction score

That's because since your contract ends prior to January 1, 2014, you fall under the old rules and you become eligible for an upgrade at 20 months, 4 months prior to the end of your contract. If your current contract ended after the end of this year, then you would be subject to the new rules and won't become eligible for an upgrade until your contract expires.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I'm pissed. Last week VZW told me I could get the S4 upgrade 7/22 (though I was due 8/22). I called again today to confirm it and now they're telling I was told 7/22 in error. I'm pissed.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm pissed. Last week VZW told me I could get the S4 upgrade 7/22 (though I was due 8/22). I called again today to confirm it and now they're telling I was told 7/22 in error. I'm pissed.

They did the same exact thing to my aunt. After 3 phones calls she ended up getting it a week after the "mistake" date.

Suggested from Beer Tent Capital of the World.

reybie

Reaction score
Well, after waiting 2 weeks, we finally went to the kiosk at Costco and decided to get the upgrade. Costco system would not let me keep the promotional 4Gb for $30 data plan. Wasted an hour on that. We'll try the corp store today. Sigh.

Jumpman024

Reaction score
Upgrade date was 8/15. After many calls I got a rep to make a note on my account to say I may be eligible for an early upgrade 30 days early. Called on 7/15 referenced said note on my account and got early upgrade. Never had a late payment and been with them for 5 years. Rep needs manager approval in order to do so. Also iPhones are not eligible for early upgrade