Early upgrade

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Well, I called VZW today and they confirmed I can get an early upgrade of 30 days. I'll settle for that. I was due for an uprade Aug. 22 so now it'll be July 22. Better than nothing :)

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I called VZW today and they confirmed I can get an early upgrade of 30 days. I'll settle for that. I was due for an uprade Aug. 22 so now it'll be July 22. Better than nothing :)

True story. Congrats.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Definitely. He checked my actual usage and said that with the loss of unlimited, I wouldn't notice a thing. I'm excited. 18 days and counting :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats on the good news.. I have 2 upgrades waiting in the wings.. Note 3 where are you? Lol

N2 Tap'd

reybie

Reaction score
Hmm, I am curious if they will let me do this early also, not due til the 19th of this month.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
If your carrier is VZW, then I couldn't see why not.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I've been with Verizon for 8 years and I tried to upgrade a day early once and they wouldn't let me. Unreal but true!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Amazing. I've been with them about that length of time as well, and if they had told me that, I'd have told them to disconnect my service. That really stinks.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I am curious if they will let me do this early also, not due til the 19th of this month.

They will usually do it if you have perfect payment history. Thats one of the more popular metrics with which they determine pre-eligibility.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

The biggest thing for VZW in regards to early upgrades is payment history. As long as you have no late payments they will usually allow an early upgrade up to 30 days early.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The biggest thing for VZW in regards to early upgrades is payment history. As long as you have no late payments they will usually allow an early upgrade up to 30 days early.

If you have an exceptionally long history, it can be sooner. I've been a customer for many years with Verizon, and I've negotiated upgrades months ahead of schedule.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jseah

Reaction score
It also depends on who you talk to. When I got the OG Droid on release day nearly 4 years ago, I asked the store manager whether I could get the upgrade date on one of my other lines moved up by 2 months so that I could also get the Droid. He said no. I then called customer service and was told no as well. I then contacted customer service via the Verizon website contact page and the next day I got an email telling me that they moved my upgrade date up. What also probably helped was that the line I wanted to move up the upgrade on was a feature phone at the time and would have upgraded to a smartphone. I have heard that they are more inclined to move it up if you're switching from a feature phone to a smartphone. I have also heard that they are less inclined to move it up if you want to upgrade to an iPhone.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please keep in mind that Verizon's early upgrade policy has really changed the most in the last 6 months. Specifically, the retail channel can NEVER offer an early upgrade. Agents can never early upgrade. Tech support can never early upgrade. Basically, you have to call customer service and request a review for an early upgrade. They will look over your length of time as a customer, and your payment history. The number one determining factor of early upgrade is payment history. If you have missed any payments then their is pretty much a slim to none change of an early upgrade. A thirty day early upgrade must be approved by the CSR's supervisor.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
A little off topic but I'm wondering if, with an extended battery and back, I'll still be able to use the cordless charger. Can that stick-on thingy be attached to the fatter battery?