Early Upgrade Question

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there are several VZW employees on this forum . I dropped my wife's thunderbolt the other day and cracked the screen . what are the odds of VZW letting me have an upgrade 2 months early??

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there are several VZW employees on this forum . I dropped my wife's thunderbolt the other day and cracked the screen . what are the odds of VZW letting me have an upgrade 2 months early??

I'm not a Verizon employee, but I've heard/read of people begging and getting an upgrade early, especially when you're not THAT far from her upgrade date. I've also heard it's better to call into customer service, rather than going into a store.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've heard of maybe 2 week early upgrade due to accidents, but 2 months is quite a difference. You'll have to call Verizon and see if you can catch a break. Also agree with jnt, call Verizon, don't go into the store.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I got a 4 month early upgrade. You just have to talk to the right person

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
justin82

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
they declined me said he would do a 30 day upgrade but not 2 months will try again in couple weeks .. ordered screen last night will replace this weekend.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
they declined me said he would do a 30 day upgrade but not 2 months will try again in couple weeks .. ordered screen last night will replace this weekend.

As I expected. 2 months is just too big of a gap. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back when I worked for VZW, there was some leeway for your situation, but from friends still there, that leeway is pretty much gone now. If you get a month early, consider yourself very lucky, the matrix is apparently 2 weeks now.

Wopback

Reaction score

Like mike said....depends who you talk to.....you need to sound mad too....lol (it helps)

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like mike said....depends who you talk to.....you need to sound mad too....lol (it helps)

Don't know if I fully agree with that... :tongue: Honey tastes better than than crap. I've always found giving CS people "honey", instead of giving them crap, works a LOT better at getting what I want/need/deserve/whatever.

OP
justin82

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

i will just be respectful to them they are just doing there job. i work in a field that people get mad at me for something that is out of my control i just have to enforce rules and notify them if they break them .
i learned you get more if you treat them with respect . its my fault i broke the screen not VZW. just my opinion

Wopback

Reaction score
i will just be respectful to them they are just doing there job. i work in a field that people get mad at me for something that is out of my control i just have to enforce rules and notify them if they break them .
i learned you get more if you treat them with respect . its my fault i broke the screen not VZW. just my opinion

Agree.....if its your fault then no need (didn't read your 1st post).

Now if its Verizon that's a different story. And, depends on who you talk too

Wopback

Reaction score
Don't know if I fully agree with that... :tongue: Honey tastes better than than crap. I've always found giving CS people "honey", instead of giving them crap, works a LOT better at getting what I want/need/deserve/whatever.

Not all of us have gotten great CS. And unfortunately in our society, the ones who "express" their concern are usually the ones treated at a more escalated level.......

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not all of us have gotten great CS. And unfortunately in our society, the ones who "express" their concern are usually the ones treated at a more escalated level.......

I know, I was just kinda being ornery. And I do agree there are times where you have to be assertive, especially when CS just flat out doesn't care.

OP
justin82

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

i think there are times when we have to get mad . but when it is our fault we have to calm down . no if there fault i am a no mercy type person start nice but dont walk all over me . i have also learned dont talk to the people who answer phone go straight to the manager/ supervisor you will get more accomplished. i feel like i could of got an early upgrade if i would have pushed . i just choose my battles that was not one of them . but yes i agree it is sad in todays world that the loudest most obnoxious get the most attention .

skennelly

Reaction score
I'd say the amount of time you've been a customer will make a difference. If you've been with vzw for years, call the customer loyalty department and explain your situation and ask if their is anything they can do to help you out.