Early Upgrade + D3 = Questions for my Android Family :)

Trogdor2012

Reaction score
It has 512 megs of ddr2 ram which shouldn't be too much of an issue considering the way android handles ram.

I've had the phone for about ten days now and it is fantastic. If you don't care about 4g it is the best phone verizon has right now hands down. My only problem is that it is at least twice as heavy as my eris but it is a thousand times better of a phone so I will live.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Thanks, Trogdor. I plan on getting as much physical protection as possible, so I would be adding bulk, as well. Weight wouldn't be a problem for me. I wouldn't mind knowing that it's made of quality components instead of cheap parts.

Sent from my Alfonso-baked GingerDroid

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
No one else? Really? Hmmmm....

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
No, I haven't bought the phone yet. I probably will next week. I have a lot of crap going on and I'm just just trying to get a few things straight. But I thought more people would comment. That's all.

kristoff125

Reaction score
I don't have it YET, but it's in the mail apparently, the no root is a bummer for me, as for motoblur you can mostly get rid of that with an alternate homescreen. There's a ton of bloatware, but folders and homescreens mean you'll rarely need to use the app drawer. Only thing that was holding me back was the 512 ram instead of a gig which it should have, but I shattered my OGD screen the other day and don't want 4G, so the D3 seemed like the best phone available for me. The QHD screen seems sick, and the reason I want more RAM is on a 2 year plan, a LOT of games are going to be coming out.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Yeah, if I rooted the D3 after getting it, it would be way closer to my next upgrade. I wouldn't feel comfortable rooting a brand-spanking-new phone brick it or something. I'd like to use it as is for a while. Maybe 3/4 way through contract. Plus, I'm keeping my D1 so I can use it for games and pictures:)and videos:)and things of that nature.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I would use the D3 as more of a phone and my D1 as more of a play thing. I would flash more ROMs as well.

kristoff125

Reaction score
I am quite upset, ordered it Sunday night, was supposed to be here today, and it's not, my wife's warranty replacement, she went in on Monday came yesterday for her fascinate...WTF VERIZON.
Going insane here, because tomorrow fedex will leave a note on my door saying noone was here to sign for it.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I didn't think fedex made you sign for shipments. I know ups doesn't. Unless it's for certain items/item weight.