Earbuds

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Depends on taste. I'd point you towards a brainwavz m2 for bass. If you want a more balanced sound, try shure se215 or the Westone 1/UM1. They both easily outclass beats and skullcandy. If you're willing to shell out more, the Ultimate Ears TF10 is one of the best deals for about $160. You are warned, these are "audiophile" IEMs, so they won't offer you a consumer friendly replay of your music if it's of subpar quality(192kbps or below). Audiophile earphones does not equal Bose and Beats.

Actually, on a side note, Monster's Turbine, Turbine PRO, and Miles Davis lines are actually pretty well respected amongst the head-fi community. The lifetime warranty only adds to the number of things it can boast. Sadly, despite the fact they're built like tanks, a few of them are like "tanks that someone forgot to bolt the treads on to".

Last edited:

Jonas

Reaction score
One thing I wanna point out, that I saw mentioned earlier. DO NOT confuse crappy file quality for bad ear phones. Some ear phones are good, and will bring out the grainy sound in the mp3 file. So please do not get a set of IEMs and complain because you hear whining, or a tone. Its probably your mp3 file. But as stated above, stay away from beats. Its 10% quality and 90% marketing. I won't trash on any brands, as each has its respective niche.

Sent from my Banana Phone

OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
i was told to sway away because beats are only a fashion statement lol

Insidious

Reaction score
One thing I wanna point out, that I saw mentioned earlier. DO NOT confuse crappy file quality for bad ear phones. Some ear phones are good, and will bring out the grainy sound in the mp3 file. So please do not get a set of IEMs and complain because you hear whining, or a tone. Its probably your mp3 file. But as stated above, stay away from beats. Its 10% quality and 90% marketing. I won't trash on any brands, as each has its respective niche.

Sent from my Banana Phone

I have ibeats and I agree. They're worth more like 60-70 bucks rather than 100.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Second that! I own two pair and will never use anything else as long as I can afford to buy Dre!

*facepalm* do some research on real earphones before making that claim. You might be pleasantly surprised for what you can find for far less(Brainwavz M2).

adavis609

Reaction score
*facepalm* do some research on real earphones before making that claim. You might be pleasantly surprised for what you can find for far less(Brainwavz M2).

My friend got the $300 beats and tried my sennheisers that were half the price and he sent the beats back the next day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums