Ear Speaker Malfunctioning - covered by warranty?

OP
C

cs3

Reaction score
Just got back from the Verizon store (in Fremont CA on Automall).
Verizon employees (rightfully in most cases) take a lot of flack for incompetence on this board but I had a surprisingly pleasant experience.

Walked in and the door greeter guy asked me if he could help. I briefly explained my situation and he called over another employee (i assume a manager but not positive), told him my speaker was malfunctioning, and asked him to open a case for me.
The second guy said "oh the speaker, ok no problem follow me".

I met him at the counter and he immediately entered my info to have a replacement shipped to me. Told me it should arrive early next week and that when it does I can just bring both the new and old phones back to the store and he would port over all my data to the new phone. Sounds pretty simple.
The employee didnt even ask to see the phone or try to make a call with it to verify the speaker was in fact broken, so I assume its a pretty common problem with the Droid 4. (and the fact that several people posted in this thread with identical issues reinforces that as well).
He handed me a receipt, I was in and out under 10 minutes, and both employees I spoke to were actually helpful and friendly.

Anything I should in the meantime?
Im thinking if i get the ICS update before the new phone arrives I should just refuse it to eliminate any potential data transfer complications?