E-Mobile Today?

csodjd

Reaction score
Anyone used/tried this app from e-Mobile Software? Comments?

OP
C

csodjd

Reaction score
It's a PIM App. It puts calendar, tasks, contacts, weather, etc., on your home page, along with number of missed calls, txt messages, new emails. It looks interesting, but no free trial, $19.95 and they say they'll refund if you don't like it.

moz-screenshot-1.png

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, you've got 24 hrs to refund any paid app, but it'd have to be pretty spectacular for that kinda $.

Not sure if they're exactly he same, but you should check out slidescreen. It puts a lot of that same stuff right on the homescreen as well. You can run it as a home replacement, or just an app. It's not for EVERYONE, but has some potential...

I MIGHT look into this e-mobile thing...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh. E-mobile has pretty bad reviews. Haha! Check out slidescreen. They have a trial version with adds, and the paid is only like $6-7...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
SlideScreen is top-notch if you want a simply home screen that looks nice and has all your e-mail, texts, tweets, and etc right on it. You can move the clock bar that separates more private data like e-mail and texts from more public stuff up or down to hide private notifications. Weather built in.

It seems to still be a work in progress, but is a really sharp-looking idea and seems to run stable from the little I played with it. Has good ratings too. It's not showing up on Androidzoom.com, but it shows up in the market on the Droid.

Not my thing because I like my home screens, but a nice app for someone who's used to more centralized info like this e-mobile today has at a fraction of the price with better reviews.

M

Matth3w

I also personally like home screens. I use a far range of apps and whatnot and I want them in an exact place. I know that it has some "favorites" but I use more than 8 apps on a daily basis. That and I am also very very ocd. And I like to keep my screens absolutely organized, whereas this somewhat looks thrown together. It's not a design flaw, but it's not something I would want to look at - it looks too cluttered even though it is organized in a "smart" manner.

R1Lover

Reaction score
It looks like a win mobile theme type app... same style and format of info. I might pay 2 bucks for it, but not 20.00 Someone is a little greedy lol

M

Matth3w

I'm sure it is worth 20 bucks in developing time (in other words, I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to code), but it just looks fugly and apparently doesn't work well anyhow.