E-mails are doubling up on Droid

strang66

Reaction score
Yesterday, I started having problems with my work e-mail account. I am using Outlook 2007 and all the e-mails I receive from this work account doubles up in my inbox. Here's the kicker, I can only view one of the doubled up e-mails and can only delete one of the doubled up e-mails.

Problem is, after I delete the e-mails, my inbox continues to show new e-mail and my phone continues to remind me that I have new e-mail.

Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, can you hepl me fix?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I started having problems with my work e-mail account. I am using Outlook 2007 and all the e-mails I receive from this work account doubles up in my inbox. Here's the kicker, I can only view one of the doubled up e-mails and can only delete one of the doubled up e-mails.

Problem is, after I delete the e-mails, my inbox continues to show new e-mail and my phone continues to remind me that I have new e-mail.

Well, you don't tell us anything about how your email is set up on your work account. My only suggestion is to double check your settings on Gmail on line and make sure you have everything set up right.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

dolpns13

Reaction score

I just got the Droid on Sunday and have already had this problem with my hotmail account. When I read an email on hotmail.com, the email still shows as unread on my Droid and I get notifications saying I have new and unread mail... Its quite annoying. If it continues I might just delete my email app and be done with it. Not sure about your problem, sounds wierd.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
]

I just got the Droid on Sunday and have already had this problem with my hotmail account. When I read an email on hotmail.com, the email still shows as unread on my Droid and I get notifications saying I have new and unread mail... Its quite annoying. If it continues I might just delete my email app and be done with it. Not sure about your problem, sounds wierd.

I've seen a lot of problem with people using hotmail. My recommendation is that you switch your email to gmail. I know if you have an established email address that can be difficult but lets face it, hotmail is kind of outdated. Many don't even consider it a valid email address and gmail is just so much better. And considering you are on a Google phone switching to Gmail just makes sense.

dolpns13

Reaction score
]

I've seen a lot of problem with people using hotmail. My recommendation is that you switch your email to gmail. I know if you have an established email address that can be difficult but lets face it, hotmail is kind of outdated. Many don't even consider it a valid email address and gmail is just so much better. And considering you are on a Google phone switching to Gmail just makes sense.

Really? Haha.. thats funny..

I have a gmail account as I needed one to get the droid. Could you tell me the differences between htomail and gmail? If gmail is better, I would consider slowly tranferring to gmail... Hotmail does tick me off sometimes.

OP
S

strang66

Reaction score
My company uses a POP3 server thru go daddy.com and it does not push thru gmail, I have it setup as a POP3 e-mail account on my phone

Vitticeps

Reaction score

The problem is a known issue with hotmail and yahoo. Deleted emails will often come right back and after reading an email it will notify again that it's new.

Most of the time when an email pops back up as unread or new despite reading it already it is because I opened it just long enough to let the app mark it read then backed up to the inbox or deleted it. The same holds true for deleting from the inbox or marking read from the inbox then immediately backing out of the app.

I have found that if I let an email fully download for a few seconds before backing out or deleting it then it works correctly. The same seems true for doing things from the inbox. If I leave the inbox open for 5 seconds or so after deleting or marking read then it seems to work. Seems the app needs to keep focus on the task at hand for a bit to finish communicating with the hotmail/yahoo server to do the deed.

For me this works about 95% of the time.