1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

e-mail ?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wallstreet123456, Nov 11, 2009.

1. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 New Member

I have setup my e-mail to go to my Droid but it does not happen unless I hit Load messages. (I use verizon.net for my e-mail)

Can this be setup somehow to happen automatically?

Thanks,
    Steven
  2. mitchell

mitchell New Member

Not too sure about this. I do know that gmail gives you a notice in the notification bar when you get a new email and lets you know which, if you have more than one account, it was on. However my school email I can't get to update like that
  3. AcidBurn

AcidBurn New Member

I believe gmail and exchange email are the only ones that will push. The other email account have to be set to intervals..
  4. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 New Member

I figured it out there was a setting to check e-mails at certain intervals, I had it set at 15 minutes, I moved it to 5 and all is working as I had hoped. I just did not have enough patience.
  5. limaxray

limaxray New Member

Having it check your email every 5 minutes probably isn't going to be great on your battery. Try it for a few days set to 5 minutes, and then a few days set at 10 minutes and see if you notice a difference in battery usage.

The best thing to do is have your email forwarded to a Gmail account (or have a Gmail account check your email) and then setup your phone to sync with that Gmail account. This way new messages will be pushed to your phone as soon as you get them with out having to constantly check. You can also setup Gmail to be able to send emails on the behalf of another domain, thus allowing you to do all your email tasks from a single account.

Just my $.02
  6. Jef

Jef New Member

BTW - Google does have a great way for you to masquerade your gmail.com account as another account. As long as you can forward your other mail to your gmail.com account, and use SMTP to send as the other account, you can keep the same email address.
Search tags for this page
how to radford email on droid bionic

radford email android

radford webmail on android

towson email on android

unf.jackson1498@who-got-mail.com
unf.jackson1498@who-got-mail.com loc:us