94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Alster2005 said:
It was just the email app that came on my razor. I don't think it was just a gmail app. There is a separate gmail app that did come with the phone. One thing I don't care for about the razr is all the bloatware that came with it. I get these goofy notifications every now and then trying to sell something and I think it is coming from one of the apps that came with the phone. I'm not sure. I'm still new to the razr and just stumbling my way through it.

I don't think any of the stock bloatware apps have air push in them.

Go into the play store and do a search for "air push detector" it should be able to tell you which app this is coming from.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
That's strange. The only air push apps that showed up were 2 music apps I have and the windows live email app I got. The stock email didn't even show up. But on the stock email it shows that I had gmail and hotmail on a push setting. Beats the hell out of me. The windows live email app I got works great so I'm happy.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Alster2005 said:
That's strange. The only air push apps that showed up were 2 music apps I have and the windows live email app I got. The stock email didn't even show up. But on the stock email it shows that I had gmail and hotmail on a push setting. Beats the hell out of me. The windows live email app I got works great so I'm happy.

I need to explain. Air push is something that app developers put in their apps and you get spamed with adds. So the two music apps are where your ads are coming from. The ones you mentioned a few posts ago. Get rid of the two music apps and you'll be rid of the advertisements :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

I'm glad you figured it out. I was working with the presumption that you were using the gmail app. Sorry for the confusion. :)

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
I gotcha. Yea I was just using the stock email. Gmail is linked to my hotmail. I did get rid of the two music apps with the ads. The airpush app is cool. Ill use it quite a bit I think. I never even knew the had them. Thanks for all your help.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Alster2005 said:
I gotcha. Yea I was just using the stock email. Gmail is linked to my hotmail. I did get rid of the two music apps with the ads. The airpush app is cool. Ill use it quite a bit I think. I never even knew the had them. Thanks for all your help.

No problem, glad you got you problem straightened out. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Robotics

Reaction score
I have the same problem as the OP. I tried to do as someone suggested here and turned off fetch (was for every 15 mins.) and try the push selection. But it continually says comcast and yahoo can not be pushed. I WAS able to have both these accts. pushed on my original droid. So I to am lost at this time.
I also cleared the items described here in this thread under gmail, but that did nothing that I am aware of. :(

I seem to be finding more and more bugs with the Razr

Forgot to mention, I am using the stock email program for yahoo and comcast

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You might try a third party email app as well.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've heard good things about k-9. But I personally only use gmail, but through my browser. I don't particularly care for the app.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Robotics

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I was reading the reviews on it, and it seems ok...just might give it a try.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem. Hope everything works out for you :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Last edited:
OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
Robotics, I have tried a few different email apps since this post. So far my fav is windows 7 or it might be called hotmail seven. Its one of the first few in the play store when you search for email apps. The only problem is I can't get my google account to link to it. I believe it is only for hot mail accounts, and that's fine because my gmail account is allready linked to my hot mail account, so my gmail should show up too I believe. Like I said so far so good with this app. I don't have any idea why I was having problems with the stock app. It worked fine at first and then just went to sh%t.

Robotics

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have decided, after reading many many reviews on the email apps. out there, that I am going to stick to the stock email app.
There are too many consistence problems with the few apps that are out there (that are worth trying out). Kind of seems no one can get it right.

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
Did you get the stock email to work. I would have kept on using if it didn't crap out on me. I assume you have a razr also.

Robotics

Reaction score
Did you get the stock email to work. I would have kept on using if it didn't crap out on me. I assume you have a razr also.

Yes I have the Droid Razr. And no it is still flaky as can be with email (amongst other things) The Gmail mail program works great though.

I still don't understand why these two same accounts (yahoo and comcast) I have used with every phone I have owned, have always been able to be in "push" mode, but
cant do it with the Razr. It worked on my original Blackberry, and my original Droid. But refuses to work on the Razr.

I would say more, but it would be totally bashing this POS phone. Makes me want/thinking of going back to a dumb flip phone!

Its a good phone, and also a POS phone....ironic isn't it? :(