E-mail trouble

Alster2005

Reaction score
For some reason my email won't notify me when they come in. I have to manually refresh it. I just got the droid razor, and what a jump from the original droid! Its taken me a little while to figure it out. This email thing is bothering me. I have my fetch setting at every 15 min, but it also notes that it isnt being used with any accounts. I just cant figure out how to add my hotmail account to the fetch schedule. Any suggestions?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Alster2005 said:
For some reason my email won't notify me when they come in. I have to manually refresh it. I just got the droid razor, and what a jump from the original droid! Its taken me a little while to figure it out. This email thing is bothering me. I have my fetch setting at every 15 min, but it also notes that it isnt being used with any accounts. I just cant figure out how to add my hotmail account to the fetch schedule. Any suggestions?

You don't want it set to fetch, you want it set to push. That way as soon as something hits your email, your email will PUSH it to your device.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
To alter your settings, you'll want to log on to your email via a computer or you can go to gmail.com through your browser, then at the bottom of the screen, tap on desktop. Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
To add your other accounts, from the PC, go into your settings. It will allow you to enter other accounts to be forwarded to the gmail account. Sorry for the multiple posts, its one of this days :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
I use hotmail and it is listed as my main email default and linked to my gmail. Right now my settings are set for push and not fetch. Anyone have any other suggestions?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Alster2005 said:
I use hotmail and it is listed as my main email default and linked to my gmail. Right now my settings are set for push and not fetch. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Which app are you using for your email? You may try clearing data on the app and see if it starts to act as it should.

Also, do you have a good stable data connection? Perhaps your using a battery saver that is shutting off your data connection as part of its effort to save battery?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
I do have a battery saving app that came with the phone that I use. That could be it. Also I haven't gone on my laptop and try to change any settings that way. Ill give it a shot.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Alster2005 said:
I do have a battery saving app that came with the phone that I use. That could be it. Also I haven't gone on my laptop and try to change any settings that way. Ill give it a shot.

The way my maxx is setup, I have amart actions battery saver set to kill background data. So when my device is asleep and not.on charge, it won't receive email or download picture messages or receive pushes from Facebook/twitter...

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
Now I am not receiving any mail even when I refresh it. Ill try the email settings through the pc. I don't know what's going on. I don't think its the battery saver any more. All my accounts are showing up on my email settings. Completely dumbfounded.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Alster2005 said:
Now I am not receiving any mail even when I refresh it. Ill try the email settings through the pc. I don't know what's going on. I don't think its the battery saver any more. All my accounts are showing up on my email settings. Completely dumbfounded.

Hmmm, its probably some setting in your email. But have you tried clearing data in the app for gmail.

Go into settings, applications, manage applications, all, gmail try clear data. if you haven't already.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Last edited:
OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
I tried removing my hotmail and gmail accounts and was going to put them back on. Now I can't even remove the accounts. I just get a message that says http response exception.

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
The strange thing is my email notifcations work fine on my le pan tablet.

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
Well I think I solved the problem. I just downloaded another email app. Windows live push. Seems to do the trick so far.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Which app were you using before? The stock gmail app or another?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
Alster2005

Alster2005

Reaction score
It was just the email app that came on my razor. I don't think it was just a gmail app. There is a separate gmail app that did come with the phone. One thing I don't care for about the razr is all the bloatware that came with it. I get these goofy notifications every now and then trying to sell something and I think it is coming from one of the apps that came with the phone. I'm not sure. I'm still new to the razr and just stumbling my way through it.