E-mail Synch Problems (Hotmail)

kjbassick

Reaction score
Setting up Hotmail was no problem, but nothing that I do in the Droid seems to synch with Hotmail (when I go onto my computer all of my e-mail is sitting there unread, even when I read and delete on my phone).

AND suddenly in the last couple of days, the e-mail on the phone is getting all mixed up - The header (address/subject lines) is attached to a completely different message. Or I reply to a message and a different one is attached to my reply (and the stuff that is getting attached is REALLY old stuff).

What is going on??? I won't be able to use the e-mail application at all like this.

Kemp

Reaction score
Driod email SUCKS

The phone will not delete msn mail. this is NOT a BB. The damn phone downloads all email from hotmail for weeks. Iam on November now. This REALLY sucks and it appears that the only fix is to send your email to the evil G mail and let it sort it out. I tried that too and it tried to download 2 years of msn mail. This phones email SUCKS.

If any of you geeks have a solution PLEASE post it!!

judyismith

Reaction score
I have several hotmail accounts, each of which is set up on my eris. I just sent an email from account #1, but when I received a reply the reply was sent to account #2. I checked the "sent" folders of both, and the email I sent is listed in BOTH folders. I am confused....what am I doing wrong???

actionfigure

Reaction score
Does anyone have this problem? I have Hotmail synced with the stock email program, but sometimes it just stops working and won't refresh unless I reboot.

Then when it is working, it alerts me constantly, even if there aren't any new emails. It might be because there are still unread emails, though not new ones, but sometimes even when I go through and purposely open all the unread emails, they revert back to being unread and it alerts me again.

Eventually it stops working altogether until I reboot, and the cycle starts anew. Suggestions?

BPB

Reaction score
Setting up Hotmail was no problem, but nothing that I do in the Droid seems to synch with Hotmail (when I go onto my computer all of my e-mail is sitting there unread, even when I read and delete on my phone).

this is the same issue i have with hotmail on my droid. I won't pretend to unduly bash microsoft but i have other POP3 email accounts that do work correctly.
i think that this may be an issue with hotmail itself and not just the droid phone email client. there may be email clients that work better but i think this mostly has to do with the hotmail end of things.
someone please post if you get the syncing issue figured out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk