E-Mail Notification?

dluhop

Reaction score
Just got a Rezound. I have to refresh e-mail manually every time I check it. Never get notification sound or a number (1) notice on my Home Screen. I have refresh set for 5 minutes. I've probably got something not set right, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Thanks for your help.

wildman

Reaction score
What are you using for mail? I'm having the same problem with G-mail. Never had that before, but there was a update.

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
IF it is not broke..dont..

Check to see if you the 2.3.6 update on "about phone"
IF SO, UNINSTALL UPDATE. from its app list. ..It will revert back to 2.3.5.
When you start Gmail again it will take some time to sync up your acct. Dont fret.. no emails will be lost.THEN Set that APP NOT to auto update, .. CLEAR IT IF IT SHOWS UP.

On my device..that function solved most of the stupid issues.

Until GOOGS really gets the brains back on that email client. (AND soon)... IMO dont update.

Last edited:
OP
D

dluhop

Reaction score
I'm using Windows Live Mail with Android version 2.3.4.

bcushman

Reaction score
Just got a Rezound. I have to refresh e-mail manually every time I check it. Never get notification sound or a number (1) notice on my Home Screen. I have refresh set for 5 minutes. I've probably got something not set right, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Thanks for your help.

Brand new to my HTC Rezound. I am having the same problem in not getting notifications on either my Verizon.net account or gmail. Have to go in manually and keep hitting the appropriate account before the message(s) appear. I AM using JuiceDefender so would that make a difference?

Last edited:
OP
D

dluhop

Reaction score
I downloaded K-9 Mail from the Android Store. Works really well. Evidently, POP3 account notifications cannot be "pushed". People who need instantaneous e-mail need to find another method. K-9 will sync mail as quickly as once a minute. The plain "Mail" app installed on the Rezound is pretty much useless.

bcushman

Reaction score
I downloaded K-9 Mail from the Android Store. Works really well. Evidently, POP3 account notifications cannot be "pushed". People who need instantaneous e-mail need to find another method. K-9 will sync mail as quickly as once a minute. The plain "Mail" app installed on the Rezound is pretty much useless.

Please don't ask why it has taken so long to reply :) Will JuiceDefender effect the notiication of new email With K9? And if I don't decide to keep using K9 can I go back gto using the Mail app which came with the phone?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please don't ask why it has taken so long to reply :) Will JuiceDefender effect the notiication of new email With K9? And if I don't decide to keep using K9 can I go back gto using the Mail app which came with the phone?
You can go back to the mail app that is on the phone. However, in my experience the most reliable email app is the Gmail app. It just works. And if it doesn't, I've found that going into settings/apps/all/Gmail/Clear Data solves the issues. Here's how to setup up your email to be pushed to the Gmail app: Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

BTW, I've been doing all my email accounts this way for over two years now.

Good luck

bcushman

Reaction score
Thanks very much - I had set my mail up this way but on my computer I no longer got my Verizon email in my Verizon account in Outlook - it all went to the Gmail account. Did i have something messed up in my settings? And also, as far as email notification is concerned on the Rezound, I still don't know if using JuiceDefender will effect the automatic notification of new email..........

ggiannop

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my HTC ONE X. I get no notification for my e-mail account on gmail, the only one I have set up. I have to open the mail app to get the new mails and then the notification shows up.

ggiannop

Reaction score
Thanks, I found the solution. On my HTC ONE X with android 4.x I had turned Auto syncing Off in Settings-Accounts & Sync. It seems that the general rule blocks the app's settings.