E-Mail Not Working After 2.2 Update

riseagainst80

Reaction score
My Droid just updated to 2.2. Once the update was complete, e-mail would not update -- the icon would just spin and new e-mails would not appear. After multiple reboots didn't fix the problem, I removed both e-mail accounts and started over with setup. Now, it won't go past the "checking incoming server settings" screen. I receive a warning that "Setup could not finish" and "username or password are incorrect." It is an IMAP account and I am certain the settings are correct. I have setup the e-mail multiple times on the Droid without issue, and the same settings still work when I access the e-mail through Outlook. Any suggestions?

OP
R

riseagainst80

Reaction score
One more piece of information... I just successfully added the e-mail accounts by setting them up as POP. It refuses the login information if I use IMAP. I always have used IMAP on the DROID and it only stopped working after upgrading to 2.2. I really don't like using POP on this (my office computer uses POP, so they sometimes hit the port at the same time and end up locking up the e-mail), so I'd like to get IMAP working. I'm really at a loss on this one.

OP
R

riseagainst80

Reaction score
Another odd problem with e-mail. It now has the option to add a signature, but once I add the signature on the settings page it gets deleted almost right away -- as soon as I rotate the phone, exit out of the settings, etc. This release seems pretty buggy right now.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The stock email has a lot of bugs. I had to stop using it quite a long time ago. You should check out the alternatives.

Have you noticed any other problems besides email after the update?

OP
R

riseagainst80

Reaction score
I turned logging on for the IMAP server and this is the error reported when the Droid tries to access the IMAP account:
IMAPMax (2010.08.20 23:09:06) [603]Connect from IP [70.190.***.***]
IMAPMax (2010.08.20 23:09:07) [603] ** [ 1 CAPABILITY] **
IMAPMax (2010.08.20 23:09:07) [603]1 CAPABILITY
IMAPMax (2010.08.20 23:09:07) [603] ** [ 2 ID ("name" "com.android.email" "os" "android" "os-version" "2.2; FRG01B" "vendor" "Motorola" "x-android-device-model" "Droid" "x-android-mobile-net-operator" "Verizon Wireless" "AGUID" "QG/6Wv2V6OR/JmAo8WNzy0ShdPc=")] **
IMAPMax (2010.08.20 23:09:07) [603] BAD no such command as ID
It seems that the Droid is pushing a command "ID" that the mail server doesn't like. Anybody else having problems with IMAP with 2.2? POP still works fine.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2.1 sucked too. K9 works fine in 2.2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
R

riseagainst80

Reaction score
I just downloaded K9 -- what a difference. Features are great and IMAP connects without a hitch.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
I can't even get my stupid account to forward or import on google using my computer!!! So K9 is my solution?? It all worked just fine until I updated to liquid frozen yogurt and his new frg22 build. But my phone is alive now and is much much better with that ROM I highly recommend it

dugshnay

Reaction score
For the record, same IMAP issues here after 2.2. Sometimes I get just the error, sometimes it manages to pull some emails. Email notification doesn't work for this account, which I assume is related.