E-mail Immediately?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please dont crucify me if this has been answered before, I couldnt seem to find an answer.

I just dropped my Blackberry for a Droid, and I love it, but the Blackberry would immediately receive e-mail. If I got a notification via Thunderbird, I would immediately get the same notification on my Blackberry.

Is there any way to do this with the Droid? Right now I have it set to check every 5 minutes, but it's still not doing it for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Open up e-mail -> menu button > account settings > email check frequency > automatic (Push)

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, but I must be more lost than I thought. Under e-mail check frequency, I have the options: never, 5 ,10,15,30 minutes, and every hour.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, but I must be more lost than I thought. Under e-mail check frequency, I have the options: never, 5 ,10,15,30 minutes, and every hour.
I'm pretty sure that 5 is the lowest being that that's what google voice's is too. You should get them immediately? I know I do atleast. Sometimes if I'm on my computer and have my phone by me my phone will vibrate with an email before my gmail on my computer even refreshes to see it. Maybe try rebooting your phone or something?

Bear in NM

Reaction score

Your not lost. It's the push/pull thing. As far as I know and have been able to setup, my pop3 is only pull, with the lowest check setting at 5 minutes.

There is a workaround involving setting up your gmail with your pop 3 so that your pop3's go to GM where they are then pushed. I'll see if I can find it.

Craig

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
These are all G-mail IMAP accounts -- I have them setup in both the gmail client and the droid email client.

If every 5 minutes is the best I can do, then I can live with it, I'm just curious.

Thanks again.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Gmail in the gmail app is push - you'll get it immediately. The other email app is pull-only, so you have to pick a frequency (5min, 10 min, etc)

Fraxinus

Reaction score
Gmail in the gmail app is push - you'll get it immediately. The other email app is pull-only, so you have to pick a frequency (5min, 10 min, etc)

The only exception I've seen for this is Exchange email using the non-Gmail client. When I set up that client to check my Exchange mail through Microsoft OWA I *did* have an option to push (which surprised me). So far it does appear to be pushing as mail occasionally comes in faster on my phone than my Outlook 2003 desktop client.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems to be doing it now. Weird.

Thanks for the help, all.