e-mail; how do you get newest first?

littlejayne

Reaction score
Hello, got my GN yesterday, setup e-mail (not g-mail) to my business account (dslextreme). It's only downloading my oldest e-mails. not my newest. Can't find in the settings anywhere change to download the most recent e-mails. Anybody have any idea how to to do this? I'm realllllly bad with opening & deleting e-mails since they stay on the DSL server not MY hardrive & have thousands of e-mails, so far it's only downloaded from May of 2000! Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello, got my GN yesterday, setup e-mail (not g-mail) to my business account (dslextreme). It's only downloading my oldest e-mails. not my newest. Can't find in the settings anywhere change to download the most recent e-mails. Anybody have any idea how to to do this? I'm realllllly bad with opening & deleting e-mails since they stay on the DSL server not MY hardrive & have thousands of e-mails, so far it's only downloaded from May of 2000! Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry I really can't help much as I haven't used the native Email app for years now. I quit using it over issues such as you are experiencing. There are a couple of work-arounds though. One is to use on of the alternative email apps from the market. The most popular for exchange accounts is Touchdown. A lot of business folks use it. Another option is either K-9 or MailDroid. I've used both of them in the past and they work well.

The option I've used for the last 18 months is to have all my mail (2 different pop3 accounts) pushed to my phone by Google. I know this option does not work with some corporate email systems, so you may not be able to use it, but it works great and saves on battery power: Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

Good luck.