e-mail Exchange for my DROID

aali2000

Reaction score
Is there any way to set up an e-mail exchange for my corporate OTHER THAN having to buy the $20 touchdown software?
thankS
AL

diverbelow

Reaction score
Is there any way to set up an e-mail exchange for my corporate OTHER THAN having to buy the $20 touchdown software?
thankS
AL

On your Droid, go to menu, settings, account and and press menu and add account and select work email (I think).

droid4eva

Reaction score
thankS
AL

hi there long time lurker of the droid forums, you can sync exchange email on droid my doing going to menu, settings, account and and press menu and add exchange(corp account) account...make sure you have all your server and security information..after that it should be successful and you can sync contacts and email..i used this to setup my college exchange email

you can also set it up to "push" email automatically...like blackberry emailing

hope this helps!! :)

Last edited:

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
I just got my corporate exchange email working today using k-9 email client. I had to setup my exchange account to use an IMAP proxy by some corporate internal process. Then make sure to use the correct servers for outgoing and incoming mail. Doesn't do calendar or contacts though from what I know.

paddy

Reaction score
Touchdown is pro. Definitely worth 20 bucks. Make your boss pay for it. You can keep using it in demo mode anyhow, and just not send emails, make appts./etc.

dmo580

Reaction score
Touchdown is pro. Definitely worth 20 bucks. Make your boss pay for it. You can keep using it in demo mode anyhow, and just not send emails, make appts./etc.

Yeah Touchdown blows the stock Android app away. No offense but the stock app SUCKS. It's got decent EMAIL reading abilities, better than Symbian, but the scheduling abilities, peak scheduling, etc etc REALLY suck.

Touchdown all the way!!! I just think the app itself looks a little ugly, but other than that it does the job quite well. I stick to the Gmail for scheduling (I sync my outlook at work with google, so my calendar syncs automatically).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course -- see above, assuming that your Exchange server is accessible to these client apps. That said, I highly recommend Touchdown.

There's also the HTC Exchange mail app if you're looking for a free solution.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Have to agree that Touchdown is a great app AND that it is ugly. I actually use the stock app for reading and touchdown for everything else.

If they would make the UI clean and simple like the stock app AND add a combined inbox for POP/IMAP mail I would give up on the stock app completely.