e-mail deletion on DroidX and computer

grundrc

Reaction score
I have a hotmail account which I have used for many years. Prior to the Droid X I had a Blackberry Storm. On the Storm, you got a prompt when you deleted an e-mail asking whether you wanted to delete on just the handheld or on both the handheld and your computer. Does anyone know if there is a setting on the Droid X that will allow you to do this?

bcrooker

Reaction score
Not sure about the stock email client. I know with IMAP accounts and the stock client the deletes were local only, which was not good for me.

I have been using K-9 Mail which works much better with this, allowing you to control if deletes are local or if they get pushed onto the server.

Not 100% sure if hotmail accounts work in K-9 (just never tried it).

OP
G

grundrc

Reaction score
bcrooker, how did you set it to be able to delete the e-mails on your server or computer? I've downloaded k9, gone through the settings and can't figure out how to do it. Thanks.

bcrooker

Reaction score
bcrooker, how did you set it to be able to delete the e-mails on your server or computer? I've downloaded k9, gone through the settings and can't figure out how to do it. Thanks.

Go into account settings, then Fetching Mail, and look for the When I delete a message setting.

bcrooker

Reaction score
Not sure - I just use the gmail app for that. I would be surprised if you couldn't though.