E-mail and contacts problems

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by TravisMcgee1950Droid, Jul 28, 2011.

1. TravisMcgee1950Droid

TravisMcgee1950Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have Droid Charge with several email accounts. Contacts are managed through Google account. Problem is I have received several spam e-mails and these addresses now show up when I attempt to compose new email. These addresses do not, repeat do not appear in my contact list. They only show up in the drop down list when I start to compose an e-mail. Does not matter which e-mail account; hotmail, google or Yahoo. They are there. I downloaded and installed the "Go Contacts" app from Droid Market. All of my good contacts are there and the bad ones are not. As soon as I start a message they display again. How do I get rid of these? Do I have to wipe my Droid and start over? Thank You.

2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am not sure if what I am about to suggest will work but it is worth a try...... I would suggest going into your google accounts from a computer (not your Charge) and clearing the history, empty the trash folder and the spam folder. I would also put some spam filters on your email accounts to prevent future spam from coming through. In addition I do not use the stock email app but you may want to look and see if there is a way of clearing the cache to the email accounts on your phone. I believe these are the only ways you can get rid of the spam email addresses.

Of course if someone else has any suggestions, please jump in.......

3. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    i have never heard of this, but im no expert lol
    you may want to watch what apps you download, frequently, even reputable apps, take more permissions than they need.
    look here for some tips and apps to keep apps in check
    Apps that can make your Android System really safe + alot more privacy! - xda-developers

not sure if this will help or what caused your issue. if you can think back to when this started and what exactly you did or downloaded around that time you may be able to narrow it down. my best guess is an app.
    worst case, yes, resetting your phone should get rid of it, but not knowing the cause could result in a repeat.

4. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That, and under the Gmail mail settings, look for "Create contacts for auto-complete." Change that to "I'll add contacts myself." I'm not sure if that will necessarily make a difference for what you are experiencing, but that's the way I have it set on mine.

Search tags for this page

droid charge problems with yahoo email

droid email problem-samsung phone

problems viewing contacts on samsung charge