e: can't open/cache/recovery/command

Discussion in 'Droid Stock Help' started by meb309, Sep 28, 2010.

1. meb309

meb309 New Member

Hi,

I had my Droid rooted and had been running CM6 for a while. My back button and screen began to malfunction (I believe it's some sort of hardware issue), so I decided it was time to unroot.

I unrooted my phone back to stock 2.1-update using RSD Lite and flashing the sbf file. Now I can not get my phone updated to 2.2. I have tried installing the update.zip but the update is aborted every time.

I am using the stock recovery. Before I even select "apply sdcard:update.zip" the screen says towards the middle (right below the triangle with the exclamation point in it), "E: Can't open/cache/recovery/command". Then, when I attempt to install the update.zip file I receive the following response:

-- Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E: failed to verify whole-life signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

I have been searching the internet trying to figure out how to fix this issue but I've been completely unsuccessful. I made certain the file was not named update.zip.zip and I also reformatted the sd card. Neither worked.

I appreciate any and all suggestions! Thank you!

**UPDATE: I believe when I reverted back to stock 2.1 it was not the official version but a leaked version. This kept my phone from finding the 2.2 update. I flashed the official 2.1 and my phone updated to 2.2 after I went to the "about phone" and selected check for updates. I still get the same error message mentioned above when I start the stock recovery, however, since I'm updated to 2.2 I happy for now.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
Search tags for this page
can't open /cache/recovery android how to fix

can't open cache recovery command htc incredible

e: cant mount cache
e:can t open/cache/ recovery/command amaze

e:can't mount /cache/recovery/command htc incredible

e:cant mount /cache/recovery/command gsm hosting

galaxy tab can't mount cache

how to fix can't mount/cache/recovery/command

how to solve htc can't open /cache/recovery/command

htc e:can't open /cache/recovery/command