E:Cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by REALIZE, Sep 13, 2010.

1. REALIZE

REALIZE New Member

As stated, thats what Im getting after I boot into SPRecovery, and try installing the update.zip from MotoCashe's TUT.

Anyone ideas? I did this before, and everything worked minty fresh, then I installed bugless beasts V0.4 ROM and it was crispy clean, But then I decided to go back to factory settings and used IKITHME's guide to unroot and restore back to a freshy phone, activation and all. Got it normal, the sd card works fine on the phone itself, can access it and the like, but I cant finish the rooting process this time around, and get the error stated above. Am I in need of a new sd card, or am I missing something?

Sidenote: Ive only recently got into this scene, and I must say, that the people on here are sooo great. Not a kiss ass comment or anything, but the sheer fact that a majority of you do this for FREE, AND are polite and understanding(barring the exceptions of completely clueless people who jump into this not knowing jack diddly about it) will never cease to amaze me. Simply the best community Ive joined, hands down
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

before i get started, please send me $20 USD.

lol but for real, just because u unroot a certain way, doesnt mean it fixed it to be EXACTLY like you were before you were unrooted. i dont think its the SD card, i think its the unroot method conflicting with the rooting process
  3. REALIZE

REALIZE New Member

HAHAHA, I checked this thread, and saw that first, and was like aawwwww hell naw. But, I didnt exaclty unroot per se. I reinstalled my phone back to stock using RSDLite 4.6, using the 2.1 SBF then upgrading to 2.2

To the point where I had to redial Verizon and go through the whole reactivation process by calling them and everything.

But the title is the exact error I got. Now when I was using Clockwork Recovery Mod, and tried to load ROMs from there, it would back up, save, then try to boot the ROM from the sd card, and it would say the same thing.

Any clues at all, or should I just shell out for a new SD card?

Thanks in advance
  4. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

I got this error on the 16GB card that came with the phone. Looked around and found this was a fairly common error. I put in a new card, 8GB Class 6, never had this error again. In my testing, it was the card. I scanned the card and tested it, nothing wrong but whenever I tried to flash a ROM or make a NAND, got that error.

If yuo can, buy a new card. They are cheap on Amazon and see if this fixes it for you. It did for me.
Search tags for this page
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
/mmcblk0p1 mount
android block dev dac
can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0

can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
cant mount dev block mmcb1k0p35
dev/block/mmc
e:cant' mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
freescale mount mmcblk0