1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

dynamic ringtone

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by userdelroot, Aug 5, 2010.

1. userdelroot

userdelroot New Member

I am hoping someone can provide if this is possible with the standard SDK or not. I believe it is, but I have been failing in figuring out a way to accomplish this....

Basically my app allows the user to set different ringtones for different things. Eg: incoming call, incoming sms etc.

All settings are stored in my apps database.

I receive an incoming call for example, check the db if a ringtone is specified. If it is play it. However CallNotifier plays the default phone ringtone (Ringer), and I can not override it from playing. I am able to silent the default ringtone however.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Maybe it is me, but you would think the android SDK would provide a method to Override this easily but I have not found such a way.
    CallNotifier, and Ringer are internal packages. So I can't override those.

Any help would be great thanks in advance.
  2. userdelroot

userdelroot New Member

ok... So by the lack of responses I am guessing this is not possible currently?
Search tags for this page

2010 dynamic ringtone

2010dinamickringtone
dynamic ringtone