Dying to get a google voice invite

Seattle1980

Reaction score
So do you have to use the Google Voice number to set up free text messaging? Or can you do it with your wireless number?

Ramboton

Reaction score
check ebay

wow, I had no idea I could buy one on ebay, just paid $1.95 for mine, to be emailed to me within 12 hrs.

Thanks for the info!

amb4582

Reaction score
So do you have to use the Google Voice number to set up free text messaging? Or can you do it with your wireless number?

You text with your google voice number.

This is what kills it for me. My cell phone number is my personal identifier and has been for several years, I cannot imagine having to go through the hassle of getting a new phone number and all that malarky just for free texts (and calls i suppose which kind of belittles the point of signing a monthly contract to get the phone in the first place).....but to each their own!!!!!

J-Buck

Reaction score
What's the big draw with Google Voice?

For me, it was unlimited SMS. I refuse to spend 20 or so bucks a month on unlimited text, when I only pay 24 for unlimited data, it just doesn't make any sense from a bandwidth use stand point (SMS at most, should cost like 5 bucks a month).

To everyone wanting an invite, seriously just buy one on eBay. They're like 2-3 bucks and you can get the invite instantly. I paid 1.99 for one, and had the invite in my inbox a quickly as I clicked "pay now."

Pause... how'd u get a data plan for 24. mine is 29.99

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ugh I've been trying for ages to get a google wave invite, if anyone has one I have google voice invites left. Just PM me.

damani112

Reaction score
I will trade a google voice invite for google wave invite. Plz send a PM

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
im so confused with this google voice invite thing. why do we need an invite?

IIRC Gmail, when it started, was invite only. Same with Google Voice (at the moment).

What's the big draw with Google Voice?

You can set up Google Voice as your Voice Mail. It's free, unlike Verizon's Visual Voice Mail for $2.99/month. One of the nifty things is that you will have the message in text as well, although it may not be exactly what is said (sometimes it's pretty funny).

dollarxgeneral

Reaction score
I have 8 Google Wave invites that I will happily trade for a Google Voice invite.
PM me if you want to trade.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
This is what kills it for me. My cell phone number is my personal identifier and has been for several years, I cannot imagine having to go through the hassle of getting a new phone number and all that malarky just for free texts (and calls i suppose which kind of belittles the point of signing a monthly contract to get the phone in the first place).....but to each their own!!!!!

I use my GV number to text. Quick text to the people I talk to the most saying "hey, text me at this number instead of my cell, it's free." Every one still calls my cell number, which I've had for 7 years now.

Pause... how'd u get a data plan for 24. mine is 29.99

Employer discount, 20% off voice and data. In retail, a lot of companies give their employees discounts on the products they sell. Where as, my employer doesn't, but we get discounts from a lot of other companies. EX: Sprint, T-mobile, Verizon, ATT, GM, Ford, Apple, Dell, etc. etc.

Last edited:

Starsushi

Reaction score
I'm behind the times...

What exactly are you guys buying and selling????