DXC's Throttle Modding Made Easy

droidxchat

Reaction score
Last updated: 2/9 3:00PM EST - fixed a bug which caused the program to view file transfer is an error.

UPDATED: v1.1 now includes option to remove or add clock in notification bar.
Please report any errors to me.

Verizon has the ability to throttle your data speed if you hit a certain data usage within a billing period.

This is a one click solution to removing the throttle from your phone. This will work on ANY ROM OR THEME. While using someone else's upload is dangerous since they might not be on your framework, this application will pull services from your current framework, mod it, then return it to your phone, all with one click.

Requires java and ADB to be installed on your computer. You can check if you have java by going to command prompt and typing "java -version". If you need help installing ADB, please see this post here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...throttle-modding-made-easy-6.html#post1269138

To run the program:

1) Download the zip to your pc.
2) Extract it anywhere such as your desktop.
3) Run DXCthrottleMod.bat

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11695745/DXC Throttle Modder.zip

Enjoy.

Last edited:

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Sooooo..... will this remove clock and throttle using the service.jar thats on my framework currently?

So if im on liberty 1.5.... plug my phone in, set to debug and run the app above? and it will remove my clock and data throttle?

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Sooooo..... will this remove clock and throttle using the service.jar thats on my framework currently?

So if im on liberty 1.5.... plug my phone in, set to debug and run the app above? and it will remove my clock and data throttle?

EDIT: now has option to remove clock.

Last edited:

akanealw

Reaction score
hey, i'm getting an error while trying to run the .bat file, "could not find main Class: DXCthrottleHack" seems as if a file is missing.

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
hey, i'm getting an error while trying to run the .bat file, "could not find main Class: DXCthrottleHack" seems as if a file is missing.

+1.... I have java installed and even tried it on a different computer and got the same error~

Fixed! sorry about that, please redownload.

Also, adding no clock option right now.

lostboykev

Reaction score
Will this work if my SD is mounted? And how long does it take to work? I'm going on two minutes waiting...

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Will this work if my SD is mounted? And how long does it take to work? I'm going on two minutes waiting...

doesnt require the use of SD at all so it should work if SD is mounted.

are you still waiting? can you be descriptive? reboot will almost definitely take a bit longer, have you gotten the dialogue saying "phone will now reboot?"

lostboykev

Reaction score
It never said Phone will now reboot. I click remove throttle and nothing happens after that. I manually took out services.jar and put it in the DXC folder and unchecked the two boxes. Still had the same results.

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
looking into it, thanks. you do have adb set up right?

when you just have services.jar in the folder and hit remove throttle, do you see any files created in the folder?

Last edited:

lostboykev

Reaction score
I think so, adb start up successfully, any specific location it should be at?
and yes fLstD.bat was created.

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
ok, thanks for this you're being a great help.

if you could, please keep the services.jar in the application's folder, then open up a command prompt, type:

cd C:\....(address of folder)
jar xf services.jar

and let me know if you get an errror

lostboykev

Reaction score
in put services.jar in the DXC folder and CD'd in and typed that command. "jar is not recognized as an internal or external command....

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
EDIT: redownload in 5 minutes, ill have it fixed for you

Last edited: