DX2 Sound issues

RangerAL

Reaction score
Got a Droid X 2 in late November. All has been working well so far...up until a few days ago. I have noticed the last couple of times I put the phone in silent mode so I can sleep, the sound will not come back on when I switch it back to the normal mode. I have to power down then back up to get the sound to come back.

Anyone else have this problem?

Stock, unrooted Dx2.

Thanks,
Allen

robert70

Reaction score
Any special time,alarm, music, sound, or launcher apps?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
RangerAL

RangerAL

Reaction score
Any special time,alarm, music, sound, or launcher apps?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

No special time, alarm, launcher or music apps. I did download a couple of apps from Ambi-Science for
relaxation and sleep to try. There is an issue with the Android media framework (according to TeslaSoftware,
makers of those apps) that prevents the loops from playing without skips or pops.

Ambi-Science 40+ Binaurals and Ambi-Science Pure Sleep...and one other, Binaural Beats from a different
maker.

I've not read anything where others were having problems with those apps or those apps causing problems.

Thanks,
Allen

robert70

Reaction score
Yeah, but just because it isn't written doesn't mean it wont happen, where I would start were I you would be to uninstall those apps and see if it still does it, if it does not then it was one of those 3, then you can reinstall one by one to figure out which one is doing that, leave a space of a few days in-between all these actions, and please post the results Now that being said, once the apps are off the x2 if it still continues to do so, then you might want to back what you do have on there up and do a factory reset. Robert

Sent from the cartridge slot of a Sega Genisis using DroidForums