DX2 Easily rooted but

slick70

Reaction score
Got the X2 a few days ago (Droid 1 broke) It was rooted in about two mins. using gingerbreak but apparently the boot-loader is signed/encrypted which pretty much means no custom roms. The phone is ok but I would not recommend any MOTOROLA phone until they stop locking down the boot-loaders. I am going to return it tomorrow.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
Although it probably IS locked down, it hasn't been confirmed yet. Even if it is, the DX1 gets overclock & ROM's. Whose to say the DX2 wont?

triplec76

Reaction score
I was disappointed about the news of another locked bootloader from Motorola, but honestly, I think I was just caught up in all the ROM hype and found myself switching to different ROMs frequently. I really never found myself using that many of the features afforded by the custom ROMs out there. After freezing the unnecessary apps on the DX2, the phone is really fast and locks up a lot less often than it did before.

I'm going to stick it out with this phone if only because it really is so much faster than my OC'd Droid 1.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I was disappointed about the news of another locked bootloader from Motorola, but honestly, I think I was just caught up in all the ROM hype and found myself switching to different ROMs frequently. I really never found myself using that many of the features afforded by the custom ROMs out there. After freezing the unnecessary apps on the DX2, the phone is really fast and locks up a lot less often than it did before.

I'm going to stick it out with this phone if only because it really is so much faster than my OC'd Droid 1.

+1 & 2800 quadrants on mine and video and camera are so much better.