DX2 APK Grabber

zakth

Reaction score
Because there is already a great rom in the works I decided to close my Googlicious project and focus instead on creating a "black market" sort of app which will allow you to load applications not found on the normal market. This application will be specific to the DX2 for now. The main applications which you will be able to chose from are those not currently a part of minX, along with some others. The database will grow as more users suggest applications that should be added.

To sum the application up it will provide direct download of commonly used applications that you cannot get from the market.

I'm still trying to decide on the name...

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Because there is already a great rom in the works I decided to close my Googlicious project and focus instead on creating a "black market" sort of app which will allow you to load applications not found on the normal market. This application will be specific to the DX2 for now. The main applications which you will be able to chose from are those not currently a part of minX, along with some others. The database will grow as more users suggest applications that should be added.

To sum the application up it will provide direct download of commonly used applications that you cannot get from the market.

I'm still trying to decide on the name...

blAPKer, with a silent 'p'

OP
zakth

zakth

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll put it in a hat with anymore we get.

Quick update: The application is developed! I'm working on the server end of things now. If you have suggestions for apps that should be included in this please start providing them. If you have a link to the apk that would be great to include so that I can copy it to my server that this app will pull from.

OP
zakth

zakth

Reaction score
mAPKet is really nice +1

armopride07

Reaction score
To the OP:

Can you give me an example of what kinda apps we're talking about here? Im not so sure what apps you're talking about

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
zakth

zakth

Reaction score
We are talking about apps such as Gtalk, Gmail, Bluetooth, some of the blur which you may wish to have added back, fm radio, alarm app, contacts sync, car dock, dlna, file manager... pretty much anything that a custom rom might remove that the user would want to re-add. Again the idea is to allow a rom developer to remove as much of the default apps as they want and for the user to re-add only the apps they want. Sure, you could download a zip file that contains everything but why download a 100+mb file if you only want a few of the apps loaded back on your device.

OP
zakth

zakth

Reaction score
This is a great idea!! As far as a name. Call it "I like toast" and call it a day ;)

I decided to go with mARPKet, it's simple and to the point. I currently have all of the original files that came on the dx2. Will be adding more files as they are suggested by the community. So if you are running minX and want something back on your phone that was there originally this app will help. I have the app done, just finishing some server-side tweaks and then will put it up here for everyone to test out.

in99flames

Reaction score
Will nfs shift be included? I bought this game and the version i backed up does not run right. Apparently the version that comes stock on the phone has the updated version to run with tegra. Just a request. :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in this for my X too. ;)

SSX v2.0

MarshallCS

Reaction score
The cyanogen modded dialer, cyangogen modded stock mms app, google talk with the normal chat notification icon. And the modded blur camera app with hard button shutter if its ever gets modded.

BaLListic_Evo

Reaction score
Will nfs shift be included? I bought this game and the version i backed up does not run right. Apparently the version that comes stock on the phone has the updated version to run with tegra. Just a request. :)

mmmm Mine was a demo and was done after the first track... It tried to make me purchase it...