DX won't allow a contact to call in or me to call out to that contact

Copp

Reaction score
Well, my wife and her daughter, at a minimum are both getting this "treatment", which I do not appreciate. It HAS to be software, as I just got a new Droidx (refurb), did a nandroid restore and this one does the exact same thing. While looking at some of the processes in some program this morning (I forget which!) I came across a "moto.call.blocker" something or other and that HAS to be the cause. It is a Motorola issue.

It seem like more and more people are getting added to this "queue". And it is not JUST my wife's cll phone, it is her cell, the house, her office--anything associated with that contact. I tried adding a number that DOES work to a slot in her daughter's contact (cell phone only) and it refuses to call that one either. However, that number, located under ITS contact, works fine.

So, what we are dealing with here is a contact related "bug" not a number.

Copp

Reaction score
Found the Problem

The problem of contacts not being able to be dialed (or calls received?!?! Now that MAY be my call blocker in action) seems to come from "linking" contacts with sources like Facebook where the person does NOT have a phone number, with Google Contacts, where they do.

Or, possibly with just "contacts" where the number does not exist. All I know is that when I choose to "unlink" the people being blocked, I ended up with two contacts in each case. One had NO phone numbers but always had a Facebook link and other information found there, like birthdays, etc. and the other was the Google contact with phone number.

Just plain WEIRD. But, it is fixed!:icon_ banana:

morcguy

Reaction score
Same issue. Calls to contact connected but no sound. Happened once, multiple contacts, battery pull resolved it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Copp

Reaction score
Yeah, mine started out fixable with battery pull.....but even after a hard reset (and restore) on a new phone, same characteristic. Although, the first few calls I made with the new phone did go to the dialer and the first three calls even were made and answered, my phone showed nothing as the person eventually hung up.

After a day, it would not even do that.

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
Once I updated to Froyo this started happening to me also. If I reboot the X it gets everything working again. It IS a royal pain in the butt though...