DX won't allow a contact to call in or me to call out to that contact

arabstar1982

Reaction score
A friend of mine just tried to call me, my phone started to ring, then sent her right to voicemail. I got the voicemail notification, tried to call her back, and it wouldn't let me call her. It would attempt to connect the call then I would get the red circile with a line through it in my signal area and it would shut the call down, no notification that call was lost or anything. I am able to call other numbers with no problems and other numbers can call me. I cannot find a setting that indicates her number may be blocked or anything like that. Does anyone know how to fix this? She is also on verizon, so its not like its an outside carrier problem. It is the wierdest thing, and I wonder how many other contacts in my phone that don't call me often may have this issue. Could it be something with google contacts? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Until I got this phone, I never had an issue with her number. TIA

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
There is a setting under every contact to send that person straight to vm, that might have gotten checked somehow which would explain why that is happening for them calling you. As far as you calling them I am not sure.

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
There is a setting under every contact to send that person straight to vm, that might have gotten checked somehow which would explain why that is happening for them calling you. As far as you calling them I am not sure.

checked that, it wasnt checked, but I checked it, saved it, and then unchecked it again to see if maybe it was a glitch. Tried calling her, and nope, wont let me call any of her numbers listed under the contact. I have deleted and reentered the information after I unlinked it from all and deleted from all, and nothing has worked. I just don't understand this..... :icon_evil:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hmm not sure then, maybe a battery pull if you have not tried that yet. Other than that only thing I can recommend is factory reset, but I know that will be a big pain in the butt.

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
man i dont want t do a factory reset... on the phone with verizon now to see if they know of any reason this might be happening. This is ridiculous....

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Well, after a few techs and about a half hour on hold and 10 minutes waiting for them to tell me what to do, it seems to be fixed.... after deleting the contact again, rebooting the phone, programming the phone, then adding the contact in again... I just hope it stays fixed....

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wow well good glad it got worked out.

knobs413

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me with two numbers. I called verizon and after two days I googled the issue. Did what you said and it worked like a charm!!!
Thank you very much...you should get the pay of the tech workers!

georgiapeach

Reaction score
Doing the same thing!

I have a brand new Droid X and it's doing this exact thing! What exactly is "program the phone"? I delete the contact, pull the battery, then what?

Also, Verizon has offered me a new Droid X since this one has this issue, should I take it even if this fixes it? How do I know that this is the lone issue with this one? I'm still in my first 15 days, so I have to think quickly here!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get a new one if you can fix the problem. Call tech and see if they can walk you through it. You can program with a *228 and select option 2. But the only other reprogram I know is if you do a factory reset and have to program everything again.

And Georgia rules! :)

georgiapeach

Reaction score
Okay, I have it charging right now, so when it finishes I'm going to try this. I *loathe* talking to any type of tech support, so I really hope this fixes it. LOL! The dude at the store was totally clueless, he was all "Oh, I got it fixed, it's calling the store fine!" and I was like "Dude, that wasn't the problem. Try calling my mom (who I really needed to talk to!)."

:)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have it charging right now, so when it finishes I'm going to try this. I *loathe* talking to any type of tech support, so I really hope this fixes it. LOL! The dude at the store was totally clueless, he was all "Oh, I got it fixed, it's calling the store fine!" and I was like "Dude, that wasn't the problem. Try calling my mom (who I really needed to talk to!)."

:)

That's funny. Well, not really, but you know. And if they can't get it fixed over the phone for you just tell them, you know what, can you send me a new one. Ask if you can get it overnight free of charge. That's what I did and they waved the express charge. It still takes about 3 days but it's under warranty:)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look...mine has done it on and off on the one I have now. Some times I call out and it looks as if I'm calling but it makes no sound, so I hang up. Then they will call back and when I answer it's silent. But it doesn't happen enough for me to get a replacement yet. So I feel your pain.

georgiapeach

Reaction score
They're offering me the replacement at the store, since mine is less than 15 days old and this is the second major issue I've had with it. Overall, I'm in love with it, but today? I really needed to talk to my mom!

I just hate to opt for the new one since I'll have to redo all the apps that I've chosen and downloaded, set up my FB and email again, ect.

I do need to search the forums for good apps and stuff though. I'm sure I've only scratched the surface of what this phone is capable of!

erict

Reaction score
I wouldn't get a new one if you can fix the problem. Call tech and see if they can walk you through it. You can program with a *228 and select option 2. But the only other reprogram I know is if you do a factory reset and have to program everything again.

And Georgia rules! :)

Isn't that just the PRL? Wouldn't it be option #1?