DX Overclocking and Kernel Question

FernBch

Reaction score
Question for anyone who can help. I'm looking into a couple more mods for my DX. I would like to overclock and/or undervolt it. But I have been told I can't customize the kernel because the bootloader is locked, is this true? If I can mod the kernel, can someone point me in the right direction. For oc-ing I'm looking at quickclock to take care of that.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
I been using QuickClock since I rooted my DX. Its dummy proof. You can run the calibration process automatic in order to find your High Speed, Balanced and Battery Saver modes. You can change your Governors, and set it at boot (it also has a fail safe just in case your cell goes on a bootloop) and way more options.

I used it on Rubix - GB .596 - Liberty GB - MIUI - and CM4DX and it works perfectly.

Currently I am running CM7 with 2.3.5 with QuickClock and so far no problems.

OP
FernBch

FernBch

Reaction score
The other reply I received at mdw is the reason I'm getting quickclock. They, like you, said how awesome the app is. But what about modding the kernel. I would like to go with a lv or ulv kernel, even if I have to make it myself. What was replied once and I'm trying to confirm is whether or not the DX kernel can be modified for low voltage. One person said no because the bootloader is locked. If this is true, then I guess I can't. But if it's not, how do I go about making voltage adjustments. I like the idea of lowering it to improve battery life.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can't flash or modify the kernel because of the bootloader.

QC is awesome. I use it.

CM74DX