DX getting hot

Chuck931

Reaction score
I had been noticing my phone is getting hot, I already had the phone shutdown on me and rebooted,the last time this done this was when I was watching youtube. I guess my question is anyone is having this issue. My phone is rooted but is not overclocked no rom nothing exciting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had been noticing my phone is getting hot, I already had the phone shutdown on me and rebooted,the last time this done this was when I was watching youtube. I guess my question is anyone is having this issue. My phone is rooted but is not overclocked no rom nothing exciting.

It's pretty normal for a Droid to get hot. Do you have a battery temperature or a processor temp app? If you don't, get one. If the processor is at 118 degrees that's not enough heat to cause damage. It actually can get much hotter then that, of course you don't want it to run hot if you can avoid it.

Droids will run hot, specially if you're using something that draws a lot of battery like You Tube.

As far as it rebooting on you it shouldn't have done that. Are you running a task killer or antivirus? If you are, take them off of there.

OP
C

Chuck931

Reaction score
No I don't have anything like that. I will download a temp app.and look

musicman

Reaction score
Get the Droid x/2 overclock app. It has a widget that will give you temps as well as letting you very easily under or overclock your DX.

OP
C

Chuck931

Reaction score
Thanks, my stuff is sweet again

Sent from my Tempiture Controlled DROIDX using DroidForums App