DX Froyo "leak"

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I am a what this forum would refer to as a "casual" Droid user. I have a D1 and got my DX this week just waiting on accessories before activating. I will use my DX for exchange e-mail & a handful of apps. I however am not savvy enough with rooting etc. How would I go about uploading the Froyo "leak"? TY.

cpjr

Reaction score
Search a little bud....there are several threads on here with instructions or links to instructions in the Droid X sub-forum.

northernmoris

Reaction score
Easiest way IMHO, because like you i'm also new to this...

1) Root: Either use the 1 click root app/ or 1 click root through your comp... (alldroid.org)

2)once rooted: dwnld Bootstrap recovery for droid x app. Run app. first click bootstrap recovery.

3) dwnlad Rom Manager app by clockworkmod... tap download rom, tap stock images, tap 2.2... let it do its thing,, check off back up, but dont check off wipe.... about 5 min. later you will have 2.2

DragTheRake

Reaction score
I am a what this forum would refer to as a "casual" Droid user. I have a D1 and got my DX this week just waiting on accessories before activating. I will use my DX for exchange e-mail & a handful of apps. I however am not savvy enough with rooting etc. How would I go about uploading the Froyo "leak"? TY.

Just download the .zip file from any of the other threads on here, put it in the root (not in any folders) of your SD card, boot by holding the menu button while powering on, and select the .zip file to boot to. Like they said, there are a couple of threads, and you dont need to root first. I was a total noob about it at first, but the whole process took me 15 minutes.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Easiest way IMHO, because like you i'm also new to this...

1) Root: Either use the 1 click root app/ or 1 click root through your comp... (alldroid.org)

2)once rooted: dwnld Bootstrap recovery for droid x app. Run app. first click bootstrap recovery. (dont click the second one yet)

3) dwnlad Rom Manager app by clockworkmod... tap download rom, tap stock images, tap 2.2... let it do its thing,, check off back up, but dont check off wipe.... about 5 min. later you will have 2.2

ill agree with this. simple and easy (added one thing though)